Gay fiction/non-fiction discussion

General > Hello from Boston!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nerdie (new)

Nerdie | 12 comments Brad wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Brad and live just outside Boston, Mass. I'm a senior in high school and really looking forward to discovering some new books and new friends.

I like romance stories (especially..."

Hi there. :) Welcome to Goodreads, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

As for novel suggestions...hmm can't say I know too many murder mysteries but for fantasy I suggest A Game of Thrones, Legends Gift Set, Preludes and Nocturnes I hear is really good [if you like graphic novels] I haven't read it myself but I plan to soon.

AS for fiction with gay characters Hero I hear is excellent. I plan on getting that one myself soon.

Also The Bermudez Triangle I hear is another excellent one.

And Magic's Price [Note: This series can be difficult to find. ]

That's about all I know right now. I hope it helped you out a bit. Enjoy your stay here. :)

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill (kernos) | 26 comments If you want some quality gay fantasy, I highly recommend the Wraeththu series by Storm Constantine's. It too has romantic elements, but goes far beyond your typical romance.

message 3: by Nerdie (new)

Nerdie | 12 comments Brad wrote: "Thanks Nerdie55!

Look forward to getting to know folks here. Also, thanks for the book recommendations!

Take care

Brad"

You're welcome. :)

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin (therobinreardon) | 47 comments Brad wrote: "I like romance stories ..."

Welcome! Hope you find lots of what you're looking for. And at the risk of boldness, I would offer my books, especially my first, which was a finalist in the Lambda Literary romance category. It's A SECRET EDGE (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/85...).

Hope you'll take a look at my other two books also, which you can read about on my Goodreads profile page (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...).

Whether you read mine or not, keep reading!