Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > historical letters/letters of note site

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments There's a cool site of historical letters bouncing around GR and facebook...here's a link...

http://www.lettersofnote.com/

Who's letters would you like to read, if you had a chance? I love letters because of the inherent intimacy, a different view of history, if you will...

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments One of my favorite books is Wallis & Edward : letters, 1931-1937 : the intimate correspondence of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor

Also, Baseball Letters: A Fan's Correspondence With His Heroes by Seth Swirsky is a fun and fascinating read.

I love reading correspondence between people. One of my favorite exhibits at the Clinton Presidential Library is the letters on display from dignitaries, spiritual leaders, and celebrities. I've seen it several times, and it never gets old.

message 3: by Jonathan (last edited Sep 15, 2010 08:57AM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments The complete correspondence of Vincent van Gogh is now available online at a terrific website that not only offers translations of the text of the letters but also extensive annotations and illustrations: http://www.vangoghletters.org/

The website was designed by a team at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. I wrote an article about this project a while back for Art & Antiques: http://www.jonathanlopez.net/vangogh_...

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Where is the place where I can post thanks to Jax for the beautiful Christmas card? I'm lost!

It came today, Jackie! Beautiful!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments You're welcome, Sally!

I have to thank RA for getting me to do a card this year, he kept asking me if I was working on it. :)

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

He was really excited about it. I think he even might have put it in his blog, his excitement.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I could post the art here, if there's interest. I wish I could have sent cards to everyone in TC, but there are just too many of you!

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) So, Jackie, 900+ is too many?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments 'Fraid so, Larry. And I don't have addresses for all of you.

Hmm, maybe RA does, though... ;)

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

He does know where all of our "touchables" are, and how to get in.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments sorry, i thought this thread was about the alphabet. carry on.

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments All the info I sent RA, is about a sweet old lady that loves to talk, and never leaves her house. He will be in for areal treat when he goes there :-)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.