ANZ Authors discussion

Marketing - How are you going about it - tips and tricks?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (last edited Sep 14, 2010 08:53PM) (new)

Paul Daniels (mrpld) | 25 comments Let's face it - we all want our books (or our spouse's books) to sell and beyond the immediate family, friends and associates it's hard to get our books out there to capture the attention of others, let alone prying their cold hard cash from their hands.

One thing I've found in my time with marketing (in more than just books - as books are only a recent thing for me ) is that you'll constantly be surprised by what does and doesn't work, frequently completely against your better intuition.

Most of us are web based and I'm sure we are all looking to chase the internet market as it's a fast way with very low overheads in terms of capital outlay for books when we're dealing with eBooks.

If you're running a WWW site, I strongly suggest using Google Analytics to provide a good insight on how things are going.

Paul.

message 2: by Paul (last edited Sep 14, 2010 08:56PM) (new)

Paul Daniels (mrpld) | 25 comments I should follow up - I think that the ANZ market is a difficult one because of the low population density and the generally lax uptake of the internet compared to other centres (good lord, my dictionary thinks that 'centres' is misspelt :sigh: ).

You could likely encounter a lot more success sitting in Times Square for a week than a few months of constant running around here in AU.

Paul.