Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Members work > Authors Unite!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 408 (408 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
This is where you can Shamelessly Self promote books that you have out or are coming out. Some links to your website or just to a site where we can find your books. I thought this was a good idea because my fellow moderator Nicola is an author but I know i've invited a few authors to this group. So I thought I’d create a "Safe Haven" for all you authors out there to get together Promote and support each other. And (where non Authors can Find more books to put onto their TBR pile).

message 2: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments great idea adele. I havent really promoted my book on here because i didnt want people to think that was the reason i opened the group.

My book is called Red's Robin and it the first in a Vamp series 'm working on. I have a website
www.vampirememoirs.co.uk

Red's Robin: Vampire Memoirs

message 3: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i noticed there was a lack of promotion for your book. so i took the liberty of setting this area up so you(and others) would feel comfortable promoting.

i'm assuming there are others who want to self promote too!

message 4: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments it never hurts to promote anywhere, but i think there is time and place, you get a lot of people spamming there work and its off putting sometimes.

message 5: by Adele, Moderator (new)

that is true. i was just trying to create the place
:o(

maybe i should have added a rule or something.... ok NO SPAMMING

i'm too trusting. i keep thinking people will just do the right thing.

message 6: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments got my first review on amazon today and i was soooooooo chuffed, five stars!

message 7: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i still haven't recieved your book yet.... i'm going to complain to Book depository if it's not in on monday!

message 8: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments no way that been a while! did u see the new you tube thing i did for the group, do u likey

message 9: by Adele, Moderator (new)

i love it...i don't have access at work for it, so i'm checking the videos out tonight.
i'm trying to think of a title for you.. still. i could just put you as plain old moderator or we could do something different! i'm plain old co-mod right now, until you think of something.(i'm so out of ideas right now).

I used to do a lot of writing when i was younger, but now i just don't feel it. you could say i have the dreaded writers block!

message 10: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments i have that at the mo, i tend to take a couple of weeks out and hammer the books to recharge my batteries

message 11: by Adele, Moderator (new)

whenever i get ideas i have a post it note pad that i carry around, and i write ideas on that. but lately, i'm not writing anything down :o(
it is so frustrating. to know you can do it yet you can't. it's like leaning to walk (i had to do that after a dog attack).
I knew i could do it, but there is a mixture of fear and uncertainty. but you get it into your mind that you can't do it yet you know you can. and that's where the frustration kicks in!

message 12: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments yup i load up a half finished book, i know whats going to happen but i cant write, happens to the best of us, dont worry babes you will find your inspiration

message 13: by girlpower12121 (new)

girlpower12121 (caanna) I have that right now with my two novles......*sighs* I do have some ideas but i just seem out of it latly...Its too much stress i tell ya!. lolz

message 14: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Olson | 3 comments Wow, thanks for the opportunity!
After Eventide by Catherine Olson
I am writing book two in this trilogy while I trying to read my competition. I am intimidated by how well read everyone is in this group. I am going to put the first couple chapters in a post so you can get addicted before forking out the dough. And the Kindle version is under a buck until Monday!

message 15: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments thanks for posting catherine, ill def have a read

message 16: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 8 comments Hey guys! Adele invited me to the group. I truly feel honored.
Let me know if I'm overstepping, but I thought I'd mention my debut novel, Her Sanctuary. Though it's not a vampire or werewolf novel it is a romance/mystery with a bit of Native American folklore legend. This will be the only time I mention it on this group, but I felt that as an indie-publisher I would be remiss if I didn't plug my book. I mean, what kind of writer would that make me? It would look like I wasn't proud (which I very much am) of my creation.
Anyway, I hope to make many friends from this group and discover new and exciting paranormal romance books. Her Sanctuary by P.Q. Glisson

message 17: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 8 comments Hey guys! I copy/pasted the previous post from the introduction thread so I need to elaborate a bit more, if you please.
My book, Her Sanctuary has romance, lust, mystery, kidnapping, bondage and torture. Most people who have read it have commented that they never saw the twist coming, and were quite pleasantly surprised.
It's available at many online bookstore websites including amazon.com, and comes in ebook, Kindle, Nook and paperback format.
Thanks again for allowing me to tell people about my book. Oh, and I'm having an author Q&A from oct 1st thru 3rd on "Nothing but Reading Challenges group", so if you have questions or just want to drop in and say high, feel free. :)
Her Sanctuary by P.Q. Glisson

message 18: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments sounds great p.q, will try to do it for my next book haul on the groups you tube channel, yours too catherine

message 19: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 8 comments Oooh, you have a youtube channel? Please send me the link when you can. I'd love to check it out. :)

message 20: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Oct 03, 2010 04:30PM) (new)

it's in the you tube topic, there are heaps of links for the book reviews as well. i haven't watched all of them i have to get more credit first(i'm on prepaid wireless broadband).
Oh and if you look in the deatils of the group on the group home page, it's there too!

message 21: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments im gonna have to start paying u for all this advertising lol
i didnt know u needed download credits to watch u tube

message 22: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Oct 04, 2010 02:15PM) (new)

sorry i can be a little confusing at times.no i meant that i have to pay to use the internet and i have to buy credit so i can use the internet... i'm not aware of you tube credits?? i think that is where i was confusing you.

message 23: by Martin (new)

Martin Treanor Hey guys - just a wee note to say that the content on my website has just been updated.

So, if you fancy an amble around, or a read of one - or all - of the three short stories I have posted there - please drop by:

MARTIN TREANOR WEBSITE

And, if you have a Facebook account - and like what you read - please click the 'LIKE' button.

Also ... click the crow on the treetop (only for those in the know).

Many thanks and have a super Sunday.

Martin :)

message 24: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments thanks martain ill check it out

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) | 3 comments Just wanted to say hey to everyone and let you guys know my book has been released The Vessel (The Kingdom Series)  by Amanda Rose

Received top pick from Night Owl Review and "One of the best fantasy/magical books I have read this year!"

http://www.evernightpublishing.com/pr...

you can contact me through my website @
Www.worldofrose.com

Thanks for reading! now you can go back to talking bout yummy characters lol.

kiss kiss love love

message 26: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 8 comments Hey, congrats on your new book! Best wishes!
I'll def check it out. :)

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) | 3 comments Thanks P.Q.

message 28: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Amanda wrote: "Just wanted to say hey to everyone and let you guys know my book has been released The Vessel (The Kingdom Series)  by Amanda Rose

Received top pick from Night Owl Review and "One of the best ..."

Ohhh this book looks good. i might include it in my January reads.. such a pretty cover too.

message 29: by Martin (new)

Martin Treanor Amanda wrote: "Just wanted to say hey to everyone and let you guys know my book has been released The Vessel (The Kingdom Series)  by Amanda Rose

Received top pick from Night Owl Review and "One of the best ..."

A thousand congrats Amanda - may it see only great success.

Martin :)

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) | 3 comments Thanks Adele, if you guys use it as a group read I'd love to read it with you...

N thanks I'm in love with the cover too!!!

message 31: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments cover is fab, its like the final piece of the puzzle, when my pub sent me the cover for Red's robin i absolutly hated it. They'd obviously used royalty free photos and pasted them together and it totally did not fit the story, solution i designed it myself, bought the rights to a decent picture and hey presto, my beautiful baby was born :D

message 32: by Dairenna (new)

Dairenna Vonravenstone (VonRavenstone) | 3 comments Just wanted to drop in some self-promoting.

My debut novel 'Tale of the Twins Book 1: Gathering and Destruction' follows the story of 3,000 year old twins Lysandra and Lestat. Yes, they are vampires and they have magical powers.

The story starts up after the nuclear weapons of World War 3 destroyed most of the world. Lysandra and Lestat have taken it upon themselves to fix the mess. The first city they come to after leaving Death Valley is run by a tyrant vampire who wants to use humans as slaves for his own plots. There's quite a bit of fighting, blood and gore. Oh and there's a vampire with split personality disorder. ;)

My website is www.vonravenstone.com and I'm on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dairenn.... Also, this month I'm hosting a give-away. Check out FB for more details (or just ask).

Thanks for reading. :)

message 33: by Charles (new)

message 34: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Bowler | 5 comments Hi
I would like to stop by and tell you all about my series. Moon Rising Moon Rising by Laurie Bowler

Its a tale about a half vampire and half human called Marinette aka Nessy. She has to decide and find her inner strength against her maker Hervidor. She meets the Gulons (catlike creatures) and they have decided to help her in her moment of need, she also meets Charles whom she falls in love with. Deciding with to fight or flight in the storyline until she finds the inner strength she never knew existed!!

The book also has a sequel Sunrise to Sunset which is also out now. Both are available as ebooks or paperbacks.

Another one I have written is available as an ebook called Serena Embracing Darkness.

I really hope you will check them out!!

Thank you

Laurie Bowler

message 35: by Laurie (last edited Dec 29, 2010 03:44AM) (new)

Laurie Bowler | 5 comments Serena Embracing Darkness new release...Serena Embracing Darkness

All e-books are only $0.99 at amazon including this one! Serena Embracing Darkness by Laurie Bowler

message 36: by Krisi (new)

Krisi Keley | 1 comments Hi everyone,

Thank you Adele and Nicola for giving other authors the opportunity to mention their books.

My first book, On the Soul of a Vampire, was published in May. On the Soul of a Vampire by Krisi Keley

This is the story of an 800 yr. old vampire who meets a mortal woman who somehow mysteriously knows everything about him and immortality. It's a gothic type tale in the style of Anne Rice, with a spiritual and philosophical tone and some new theories on what a vampire really is and does. It's available on Amazon in paperback and on Kindle and is also now on Smashwords for $2.99. I'm presently working on the next books in the series.

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who gets a chance to check it out!

Krisi Keley
http://www.onthesoulofavampire.com

message 37: by Daniele (new)

Daniele Lanzarotta (danielelanzarotta) | 1 comments Hi everyone!

Thank you Adele and Nicola for the opportunity.

I'm the author of the Imprinted Souls Series. The third installment of the series, Divine Ashes, will be available this Spring. Release date TBA.

The first two installments are Imprinted Souls (Imprinted Souls Series, #1) by Daniele Lanzarotta and Bloodlust (Imprinted Souls Series, #2) by Daniele Lanzarotta

Sample chapters available at www.danielelanzarotta.com

Happy Reading!

Daniele

message 38: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments Hello,
The Caressed by Moonlight Giveaway will be ending March 28th. If anyone is interested in entering to win a print and/or e-book copy (PDF) of Caressed by Moonlight, the first novel in the Rulers of Darkness series, please visit the Giveaway page on the author website http://www.amandajgreene.com/giveaway...

VampireRomanceBooks.com Review of Caressed by Moonlight:
A wonderful debut novel in the Rulers of Darkness series, Amanda J Greene’s Caressed by Moonlight takes us back in time when rumors and opinions from high society were enough to ruin a “lady”. I loved Victoria’s character because of her strength and wit. I found myself laughing at the way she continually put Dorian in his place even though he is such a powerful vampire used to being respected and feared. The relationship that starts as a matter of necessity and lust turns in to a love that can stand against any adversity. The secondary characters are all fascinating and worthy of their own books. I would love to read more about Falcon, Raphael, Jacques, and Sonya. Caressed by Moonlight is a story that any lover of romance literature will enjoy, whether you’re a vampire fan or not. The vampire part just makes it all the more enjoyable!

If anyone is interested in reading a little about the author and her work, check out her interviews on VampireRomanceBooks and Night Owl Reviews.

VampireRomanceBooks.com
http://www.vampireromancebooks.com/au...

Night Owl Reviews
http://www.nightowlromance.com/nor/In...

Description:
Dorian Vlakhos is no ordinary aristocrat. He is a vampire king, who will do anything to save his clan from complete annihilation, before an ancient curse can claim his immortal life.

Penniless and orphaned, Victoria Kingston has nothing to bring to a marriage, yet she must shackle an unsuspecting gentleman into marriage by the end of the month or forfeit her rights as guardian of her younger sister. With the help of her dearest friend, Victoria begins her hunt, and vows to stay far away from the dark, mysterious, Prince Vlakhos.

After meeting the beautifully innocent Miss Kingston, Dorian had to have her. He would do absolutely anything to make Victoria his. One sweet stolen kiss would bring them together while a force, more powerful than any vampire, would bind them for all eternity, but treachery, war, and death rule Dorian’s dark world and Victoria would be fortunate to survive.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

message 39: by Dani (last edited Mar 01, 2011 08:48PM) (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 7 comments Here's my addition to the pot...
Vampires abound in this book...as bullet fodder.
NC-17 heat level erotic horror. Those allergic to tattoos, motorcycles, and bad boys stay the hell away. ;-)

Black Dog And Rebel Rose
Black Dog And Rebel Rose by Danielle D. Smith

message 40: by Adele, Moderator (new)

lol thank you for adding to the pot!

message 41: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Mar 02, 2011 04:03PM) (new)

new vampire book interview

http://www.eeriedigest.com/wordpress/...

*Reposted from another topic (Using My Moderator Magic) - Adele

message 42: by Adam (last edited Mar 04, 2011 12:20PM) (new)

Adam John | 1 comments Hi guys, I would really like to know what the readership of this group think about my new book, Fay, the first in my A Tale of Cataclysm series. A brief blurb:

"The wolves howl at the smell of things to come, the strangers to become kings. Their black globes looking up at the night sky and the fiery city that signals the dawn of the last days of order. A familiar ragged man kneels nearby, scrambling at the dirt for worms, the packs adopted protector."

Please try the sample, available in lots of e-book formats. Please find at url below, and if you do want to read it all then you can enter this code GH99J , and recieve 40% off.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

Thanks all comments are much appreciated.

Painter John

message 43: by H.K. (new)

H.K. Savage | 57 comments Hi All-

I'm a relatively newly published author and am happy to say the people reading the stories I've had a great time writing are reporting to be having an equally enjoyable read. I thought I would take Nicola and Adele up on the offer to shamelessly self-promote my work and put my books up if anyone is looking for some fun fantasy and even some vampy stuff. I think we all like that sort of thing here if I'm not mistaken.

I'm preparing another book, "The Path", about a witch, Cassie Porter, who comes from a mixed magickal background. Cassie can't get her magick to work right and it about to lose her chance to work for Veritas, the thousand year old company responsible for policing witches all over the world as well as seeking out those unwitting practitioners from non-magickal families who pose a threat to their safety in obscurity. "The Path" has a rollout date possibly as early as next week depending if my cover art comes back in time. If anyone is interested in checking out my author page on Facebook it is under HK Savage, and my books can be found for the bargain price of $3.99 US at:

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.c...

or if you prefer Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=s...

Thanks for supporting us little guys Nicola and Adele!

HK Savage

message 44: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments im a little guy too and its a brutal industry, they say acting and singing is a hard career to make it big in.........try writing a bloody book, thats what i say!

message 45: by H.K. (new)

H.K. Savage | 57 comments Here Here! Any movement on Barnes and Noble's site with your sales?

message 46: by H.K. (new)

H.K. Savage | 57 comments Just put out a new book called The Path. It's about witchcraft, magick and cults. All running rampant in Tampa. My test readers were clamoring for pages all the way through and said it's my best one yet. Check it out, it's on Amazon and Barnes and Noble under HK Savage. You can get updates through my Facebook page, just go on to HK Savage.

message 47: by Mary (new)

Mary Abshire (maryabshire) Hello again and Happy April!

I started the month of April with a blog tour to promote the Second Soul Catcher novel, Catching an Evil Tail.
Check out my profile Mary Abshire, or webpage www.maryabshire.com for dates and locations. (To keep this msg short, I'm not posting it all here.)

Blurb for Catching an Evil Tail:
Half-demon Jessie Garrett wants to live a normal life among her friends and keep her soul catching ability a secret, but supernatural creatures keep popping up in her world. Adding to her struggles, her vampire lover remains out of the country, and when he offers no valuable explanation as to why he hasn't returned, she wonders if she should move on without him.

As if Jessie doesn't have enough worries on her mind, the demon yearning to seduce her shows up at her home. She longs to liberate herself from the debt she owes him, and when he asks for her help, she jumps at the chance to make a new deal with him—one that will guarantee her freedom. The only catch? She has to send the soul of a werewolf to hell.

Love, trust, and loyalty are on the line. Torn between her feelings for her vampire boyfriend, a hot Alpha wolf, and a demon vowing to protect her, Jessie must figure out her heart's true desires.

GIVEAWAYS:
If you are interested in the first Soul Catcher novel, Claiming the Evil Dead, I have two giveaways going on all month long. The first one is at Coffee Time Romance: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/Contest...
All you have to do is fill out a form for a chance to win.
The second chance to win a free electronic copy can be found on Suburban Vampire Blog http://suburbanvampire.blogspot.com/2011...
They interviewed me and my publisher is giving away the copy.

Stop by and drop me a line. Would love to hear from you.

message 48: by Adele, Moderator (new)

you know Joel You are the First person to refer to this group as (yeah i konw you spelt it wrong but we know what you mean)the FVBC..... I like IT!! :o) :o) so simple but nobody had thought of it, that's happening to me a lot lately ;o)

message 49: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments plug away thats what its there for and we will be doing a video review of shrouded secrets too :D

message 50: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Apr 05, 2011 05:05PM) (new)

Joel wrote: "Sorry, it's been a long day. I'm a nurse, and when I get migraines, like today, my brain will flip things around on me."

NO Probs Joel! I do things like that all the time!
if you notice i even did a few spelling mistakes in my comment
"(yeah i konw you spelt it wrong but we know what you mean)"
tee hee. Nobody is perfect.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9