The BA's 30-something Chatterboxes discussion

Book Club Book Chats > Dracula by Bram Stoker - Oct. 2010 Read

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Hanson Glatzel (alicat39) | 146 comments Mod
Has anyone read the book? I have not. With all the blood sucker hype around today I thought it might be fun to read a classic tale of the first blood sucker I ever heard about.

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina | 54 comments Sounds good to me! I began reading it a while ago and never finished it. Looking forward to getting through it this time around!

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie Turpin | 43 comments Sounds good to me!

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie Turpin | 43 comments I better get reading on it now. LOL

message 5: by Alisha (new)

Susie wrote: "I better get reading on it now. LOL"
Or at least pick it up from the library, not sure but it might be a popular book the closer we get to Halloween. :D

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina | 54 comments I love how everyone is on a page in the hundred and I'm still in the double digits! Haha, I better read faster!

message 7: by Alisha (new)

Tina - You're ahead of me. :D It's sitting on my nightstand and I haven't even opened it yet. I probably need to change that, I've been having a hard time sleeping - I might as well put my time to good use before I'm scrambling to finish it before our next meeting.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Molleson | 92 comments i feel like i have to be concentrating a lot on this one. It is very detailed however i am intrigued so far.

message 9: by Kolmos (new)

Kolmos | 1 comments I got it from the library two weeks ago. I am on page 13. I agree with Jenn, I really have to concentrate on it. I keep seeing Keanue Reeves in my head.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Molleson | 92 comments Hey ladies, I wont be able to make the book club on the 24th. If it works for everone else go ahead and do it and I will catch the next one...I am liking dracula and cannot wait to get the movie. Its been forever since I have seen it

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina | 54 comments So funny, I keep thinking about the movie too!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Molleson | 92 comments i can actually make sunday now if we are still on???

message 13: by Alisha (new)

You know, since no one responded I assumed it was off, lol. Susie is in Florida right? Debbie still need to pick our next book. But I'm around....Tina, Krissy, debbie???

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina | 54 comments I might be around..I was supposed to go to the pumpkin patch, but with the weather this lousy I doubt it'll happen. Give me a time and place and I'll try to be there!

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Molleson | 92 comments We can do after halloween. Maybe rent the movie and watch at someone's house? each bring a plate of something??

message 16: by Alisha (new)

That sounds like an amazing idea!!! I like it!

message 17: by Tina (new)

Tina | 54 comments I do too! I cant wait to watch the movie again after reading this, I bet we'll all notice what parts are missing or are not accurate! Haha!

message 18: by Alisha (new)

Ok, I'm going to post a poll with date options for our movie night. :D VOTE!

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina | 54 comments Has anyone finished this book!?

message 20: by Alisha (new)

I did! The end kinda dragged for me but over all, I really enjoyed it. Where did you leave off?

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Molleson | 92 comments Are we supposed to be done with Messages From Nam too? I havent even picked it up yet.

message 22: by Tina (last edited Nov 14, 2010 03:03PM) (new)

Tina | 54 comments I havent either..I should have it by monday.
Alisha, I got about halfway through..and had to return it to the library.

message 23: by Alisha (new)

I have not started it yet either. Maybe we should do 2 books for our next meeting in December?? My library doesn't have the book, isn't that crazy? I have to order it from Amazon or something.