Booksfree discussion

Queue

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 40 comments Mod
How many books are in your queue? How do you decide what order to put them in? Do you ever use ship next?
Do you have a booksfree shelf here? If so do you keep it in the same order as your booksfree queue? Are there any other differences between your shelf and your queue?

message 2: by Katrina (new)

Katrina I currently have 38 books in my queue. Most of the books in there are currently not on my goodreads self unless they are items I have wanted before becoming a member of booksfree or right about the time I expect it to be in my order then it becomes a too read and also placed on a shelf I labeled booksfree.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

I have 58 on my queue and 57 on my booksfree and to read shelves. 12 on booksfree and other/undecided. Wish I could sort the books on my queue so I could more easily find the differences.

message 4: by Dero (new)

Dero | 6 comments I have about 30 on my queue for Booksfree but most of them are Mom's. I always know which are hers because she reads mostly mysteries and I am the non-fiction lover. I don't keep much more than 25 on my list at any one time because sometimes I will get tired of waiting for the book to come available on Booksfree and buy one that is on my list.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne (booklover6) I have 497 in my queue....culled and replaced some yesterday.

I rearrange it according to my mood, and what I need to keep moving in a series. I have never used Ship Next. I do use set sequence for books near the top. My queue is set to view 50 per page.

I have several booksfree shelves here at goodreads. One for current orders, one for books read in 2009, one for books read in 2010. I do have a booksfree queue shelf but it just lists specific things that I don't want to forget. Over on PBS I have nearly 800 books tagged that I want from booksfree. Some of them are in my bf queue now, many are not.

message 6: by Angi (new)

Angi | 7 comments I have 245 books in my queue.

I also have mine arranged by the mood I'm in and series of books that I want to keep going with. Also, for my daughter since she is also an avid reader. I try to share the space with her ;-)

I use "ship next" VERY often for books that I just cannot wait to read any longer and I don't have a shelf here.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne (booklover6) Darn it, my queue is maxed out again!

message 8: by Mckris10 (new)

Mckris10 My queue is maxed out as well, but then again, it almost always is. lol Just too many books that I want to read!!

message 9: by Yogi (new)

Yogi (yogiplayground) | 3 comments I have 500 books in my queue on BF the ones that I want to read that are not available at BF are on my goodreads shelf. I still have not even gone through my whole list of books and authors but I'll probably do that when I have read majority of the books on my queue!

message 10: by Deborah (new)

I usually only have 50-60 in my queue, but that's because my main source of books is the library. Actually two libraries, I guess I feel like the tax money I pay to the library is comparable to a netflix account and I should use it to get my money's worth.

My to-read shelf here is close to 500. Over a hundred of them are not released yet. Each month when booksfree adds books, I add the ones from my forthcoming shelf, that they have to my booksfree shelf. Later, if they show as on order at one of my libraries, I'll add it to that shelf and remove it from my booksfree shelf.

A few times the library has been slow and added it only after I had received it from booksfree.