SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

This, That or the Other > Authors: Out with the Old, In with the New or a Mixture of the Two?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments There are so many new authors in PNR/UF (adult and YA) genres these days. Do you try to read new authors, only stick with your known favorites or mix it up a bit?

message 2: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I'm constantly mixing it up. Old, new, old, new. Keeps things fresh and interesting. Besides what can you do when your favourite authors aren't writing fast enough to keep up with you. You're forced to cheat on them with strangers, that's what. Sometimes these dalliances turn into passionate love affairs or remain regrettable one-night stands you wish you'd never entertained and would really rather forget. :)

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments You crack me up, Ames! I love it and completely agree. :)

message 4: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 346 comments I read whatever I can get my hands on :)

message 5: by Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (last edited Sep 14, 2010 08:21PM) (new)

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 468 comments LOL at Ames! :) And I mix it up. Although I am trying to finish series I have already started right now. I am trying. I am not necessarily being perfect. I am actually reading Stardust right now. It is a stand alone but from and author I have read before (Neil Gaiman) up next I will continue Vampire Diaries and Night World both from L.J. Smith. I have both series in progress right now.

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Ames, ROFLMAO.

I agree entirely. Those authors should write faster, don't they know I'm waiting.

message 7: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL! Yeah, I actually really like discovering new authors so most of my reads are actually new authors to me. That means that sometimes I read a chain bad books though, LOL. -.-

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Stardust (other topics)