Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Combination

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danya (new)

message 2: by willaful (new)

willaful Done.

message 3: by Ari (new)

Ari (elcastillo) | 36 comments please, can combine this editions too?

this book http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/76... go with this one http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98...

and, is there already a message where i can read how to combine? thanks in advance ;)

message 4: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments That one confused me for a few minutes...:S The first one you linked had been combined with the wrong book. I separated it and combined it back with the correct book.

I don't think combining is actually spelled out in the Librarian Manual. Here are the steps.

1. On the book page or author page, click "combine editions"; this will take you to the "combine" page.
2. Check the box next to each item that needs combining.
3. Click the "combine editions" button.

Here is a link to the Rules for Combining.

message 5: by willaful (new)

willaful It's in the librarian's manual. Look on the book page where it says "other editions" and there's a small "combine" button. That takes you to the combine page, where you check the boxes and hit the "combine" button. It will only work if both books have the same primary author.

message 6: by Ari (last edited Sep 13, 2010 06:16PM) (new)

Ari (elcastillo) | 36 comments thanks guys, yeah that was my problem with that book, it was combined with other book so i didn't know how to take it out and combine it with the right one. Thanks again ;) (the real problem i think, was separate the wrong one :S)

message 7: by vicki_girl (last edited Sep 13, 2010 07:37PM) (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments Aladygma wrote: "thanks guys, yeah that was my problem with that book, it was combined with other book so i didn't know how to take it out and combine it with the right one. Thanks again ;) (the real problem i thin..."

On the the combine page, next to each edition there is a link that says "separate". For your example, I hit "separate" for the one that was wrong. (You may need to refresh the page after that to see the separated book.) Then I followed steps 1-3 from my earlier post. Hope that helps!

message 8: by Ari (new)

Ari (elcastillo) | 36 comments vicki_girl wrote: "Aladygma wrote: "thanks guys, yeah that was my problem with that book, it was combined with other book so i didn't know how to take it out and combine it with the right one. Thanks again ;) (the re..."

Thanks alot!