The Sword and Laser discussion

iTunes feed (Veronica and Tom, please read this!)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4142 comments I believe all of the old episodes can still be downloaded from the website, specifically: http://www.swordandlaser.com/home/cat...

If you grab 'em, you can mark them in iTunes as podcasts then they'll show up in your podcast list.

message 2: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1680 comments Mod
Dan wrote: "Veronica and Tom,
Just wanted to point out you can only download the 10 most recent podcast episodes on iTunes; I would like to have the entire catalog to listen to, as I'm on the go a lot.
Is th..."

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get iTunes to find more than those recent episodes. I'll try to look into it this week!

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike (mikespencer) | 60 comments Veronica, iTunes simply looks at the RSS feed that you supply it. You are only showing 10 items in your RSS feed (as far as I can tell), so it only displays the 10 most recent. I have a podcast and ran into the same issue. I got around it by simply changing the number of items in my RSS feed to 100. There might be a better way, but that should be a quick and dirty fix.

message 4: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Mike wrote: "Veronica, iTunes simply looks at the RSS feed that you supply it. You are only showing 10 items in your RSS feed (as far as I can tell), so it only displays the 10 most recent. I have a podcast and..."

Feedburner creates our iTunes feed, so I'll have to look at their settings.

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike (mikespencer) | 60 comments Hmm. I use Feedburner as well, but my feed is based on the RSS that is automatically generated by my WordPress site. I actually changed the number of items in WordPress, not in Feedburner. Unfortunately, I don't seem an option to do it in Feedburner.

message 6: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Well, I have no idea how to do that on Squarespace... I'll keep looking.

message 7: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

OK, the most feed items you can have for Squarespace is 15 (it was set for 10). I asked them to look into making this number larger.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (akingman) We ran into this same problem with our podcast. Feedburner will only allow the xml file to be 512K, which for Books on the Nightstand is about 35 episodes. I can't figure out any way around that; we have our earlier episodes available for download individually and in zip files of 10 at our website.