Writers Unite discussion

Discussions about Books > Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

<3 a book?
Recommend it to others here who you think may like it.

message 2: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 81 comments LORD OF THE RINGS lol those are the best books I have ever read

also the otori series

and hunger games

message 3: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) and twilight saga

and artemis fowl

and darkest powers

and the inheritance cycle

message 4: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 81 comments dont read twilight ever ever ever

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't enjoy twilight, when i opened the first page, it just made me shut it and and put it back on the shelf, seriously? Shining vampires. O.o

message 6: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 81 comments exactly why in heck would you make vampires sparkle it just makes no sense I mean why are creatures of darkness sparkling

message 7: by Carina (new)

Carina The Darkest Powers Series really is worth a read and I cannot wait for the fourth book in the inheritance cycle :D

message 8: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Cody wrote: "exactly why in heck would you make vampires sparkle it just makes no sense I mean why are creatures of darkness sparkling"

LOOOOOOOOOOL! I'm a diehard fan of twilight but that really is sumthing to think abt :P

Carina wrote: "The Darkest Powers Series really is worth a read and I cannot wait for the fourth book in the inheritance cycle :D"

I can't wait for it either! And the gathering too!

message 9: by ¢σσкιєѕ (new)

¢σσкιєѕ | 197 comments Mod
i would Recommend "Captain underpants series" and "Diary of a wimpy kid" for a good laugh tee hee!

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen | 347 comments hunger games (the first is the best)!
Gone by michael scott

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i know. i really liked gone though.

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen | 347 comments gone was really good. The sequel is Hunger. I have yet to read the third book Lies.

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan | 156 comments Jen wrote: "hunger games (the first is the best)!
Gone by michael scott"

yes!!! the hubger games is a must read!!!!!!

message 14: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) and a depressing read

message 15: by Rosalyn (last edited Oct 08, 2010 11:23AM) (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) for those of you who just couldn't stand twilight, go and read the vampire academy (stay the hell away from the vampire diaries). i swear you'll love the vampire academy novels. twilight, which i like, can not touch the vampire academy by any means.

note: if you start the series now (there's 5 so far) an depending on how fast you read, you might just be just in time for the release of the 6th and final book of the series which comes out 12/7/2010. i can't wait! wooo haaa!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

i'll try. is it romance?

message 17: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) partly, yes. but it ain't overdone like twilight. and it's a helluva a lot more practical. and you know...it's also for the very mature crowd. it's on the edge of YA and adult genre so it definitely stands apart from twilight in that sense. so anybody whose got issues with profanity and sexual innuendos and violence beyond the typical fist standards should't read this

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

oh okay. i might try it

message 19: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I definitely think you should try Vampire Academy! It is really good. The House of Night series used to be, but the authors are starting to drag the series out way too long.

message 20: by Carina (new)

Carina I wouldn't mind if authors did that so much as long as they keep the stories interesting.

message 21: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) i agree with both of you, carina and garrett, except i think i've totally lost faith in the HON novels

message 22: by Amaranta (new)

Amaranta (foreverreader) | 125 comments I would recomend the Gone series by Michael Grant. So far there are three books out: Gone, Hunger, and Lies. The fourth book, Plague is set to come out on April 5, 2011, and there will be two more books in the series after that, Darkness and Light. Each book is set to come out around the same time the next year, so Darkness should be released sometime around April 2012, and Light should be in April 2013. They are very interesting and worth a read sometime.

message 23: by Carina (new)

Carina I'm so excited for Plague and this is the first I've heard about the rest of the books in the series. Now His books are so chaotic and dark. 2013 is such a long wait though *sighs*

message 24: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) genre?

message 25: by Carina (new)

Carina Kind of a fantasy story/ science fiction I guess. All these kids get awesome powers and animals are mutated when their town becomes closed off from the rest of the world. It's really an awesome book. It's like X-men and Lord of the Flies mushed into one big thing. It's really worth a read.

message 26: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) ok so its a teen read at best? or does it lean more towards kid lit?

message 27: by Amaranta (new)

Amaranta (foreverreader) | 125 comments Definatly teen, there's some murder and killing and stuff like that.

message 28: by Carina (new)

Carina Yeah. It get's even darker each book.

message 29: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) k sounds good. im on to that

message 30: by Amaranta (new)

Amaranta (foreverreader) | 125 comments But I think it also gets better, he has an awesome way of telling you what's going on.

message 31: by ♪Chloe (new)

♪Chloe  the Beatles Fanatic♫ (chloe_loves_thebeatles_and_books) | 44 comments I recommend:

~Graceling
~The Mortal Instruments Series
~The Uglies Series

message 32: by Carina (new)

Carina I kind of took a break with the Uglies series. i stopped right after Pretties because I really didn't like where I thought the story was going. Are Specials and Extras any good. Are they better than the other books in the series?

message 33: by Garrett (last edited Oct 09, 2010 05:31PM) (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Sadly, I'm starting to feel the same way. P.C. Cast has been saying on her blog that Awakened is going to be really good. I think I'll try it and if it's not any better, I might have to give up, too.

Oh, and another good series I recommend is the Sookie Stackhouse novels, but they're definitely more mature.

message 34: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) o i have the sookie stackhouse slated next after i finish the blackdagger brotherhood series which i have to say is extra extra mature and i just can't recommend it to anyone under the age of...hmmm 21 sounds appropriate. i can imagine the sookie novels are just as racy

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

hi

message 36: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) hihi

message 37: by Carina (new)

Carina TEDDY!!!!! :D

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Where have you been??

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't seen a lot of you.