Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Request Adding Series Specifics to Books in a Series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ladiibbug (last edited Sep 11, 2010 11:28AM) (new)

Ladiibbug | 34 comments RE: Author Hank Philippi (sp?) Ryan

Pls add series info (#1 Charlotte McNally series, etc.) to her mystery series. Order and book titles shown here:

http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/R_A...

TY :-)

message 2: by Ladiibbug (new)

Ladiibbug | 34 comments Hi Again ~

Here's another mystery series that needs numbering info added please:

Author: Kathryn Miller Haines

Rosie Winter mystery series

Titles & Series Order:

http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/H_A...

TY :-)

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Thanks for the links, Ladiibbug! I've added both series (and updated the authors' profiles a bit).

message 4: by Ladiibbug (new)

Ladiibbug | 34 comments Hi Cait :-)

TY. But I notice that the series detail is in gray rather than brown.

Checking other series by different authors, the series details (#, title of series) being in brown makes it show up when a reader searches by author and title.

The series details in the color gray -- I don't see the details when I search by author or book title, until I click on a particular title.

This means that a reader still can't identify where in a series the specific book falls unless he/she clicks on many different titles.

Can you pls do whatever you do so that if we search by author, in the list of their book titles, the # and name of the series is shown along w/the title? Same with searching by book title?

Thanks so much for your help for those of us who are genetically coded to read a series ONLY in order ;-)

message 5: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments That's because the new series feature is still being worked on. Once everything is finished (which should be very soon!), the series information will show up correctly in all of those places and be searchable. When you see series information in brown, that means that it's actually not properly set up yet and won't work with the new series feature -- you'll notice that the gray series information is clickable while the brown isn't, and clicking on the series information will take you to a page which shows all of the books in the series, in order.

message 6: by Ladiibbug (new)

Ladiibbug | 34 comments Hi Cait ~

"New series feature"? Excellent, TY for the info!