Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > The Invisible Book...Weird Issue!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judah (new)

Judah | 3 comments Hopefully this makes sense and someone can offer some advice!

So, I just purchased a book at the B&N site, and downloaded it onto my Nook. We'll call this Book #1. When I open My Library, Book#1 shows up on the reading screen, followed by Book #2, Book #3, etc, etc.

On the touch screen, however, only Book #2, Book #3, etc, etc show up. When I went to open Book #2, which I had been reading, Book #1 opened in it's place...even though Book #1 still wasn't visible on the touch screen...in order to open Book #2, I had to open Book #3.

I've tried turning it off to see if it just hadn't fully loaded or something, but nope...Book #1 is still not visible on the touch screen!

Thanks in advance for any advice/ideas...I'd prefer not to have to send it in, as I'm fixing to leave home for three months tomorrow, and need some reading material!
Judah

message 2: by Dorie (last edited Sep 11, 2010 08:34AM) (new)

Dorie (dorieann) When you log into B&N web site and view your library, do all your books show up there?

I can only think of two things to try:

1) Refresh your Library by checking for new B&N content.
2) Try changing the sort method.

message 3: by Judah (new)

Judah | 3 comments I went to try this, and found something else odd...there's now no option to check for new content!

message 4: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) Judah, have you tried doing a hard reset by turning the device entirely off? You could also take the battery out and put it back in. If that doesn't work, I'd take it to the Nook rep inside a B&N store. You won't have to send it anywhere, if they can verify a problem they will replace the device right there in-store.