Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Totally Off Topic > Didn't Know Amazon could do that!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (last edited Sep 17, 2010 07:46AM) (new)

Lynn Hardy (lynnhardy) | 28 comments My story goes like this. My publisher insisted on increasing the price on my book... Only he forgot about Smashwords. Now, all of the sudden, my Romantic Fantasy book is only 89 cents on Amazon! That's the lowest price ever. It seems that if Amazon finds a better price on your book elsewhere, they match it. :)

Prophecy of the Flame is the book. Here's the direct link to Amazon (in case you want to get it before the publisher is able to reprice it!):

http://www.amazon.com/Prophecy-Flame-...

***Update***
The price just cleared at KOBO... It is now 99 cents. My publisher will wait until Monday, Sept. 20th to increase the price. (Big convention coming up: running a special for them.)

message 2: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments Yep, and they do it in such a way that you eat most of the sale price. I don't mind them undercutting each other, IF they pick it up from their share, but that's not happening, due to the contract they have with us.

B

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Daniels (mrpld) | 9 comments Personally I'm amazed at how they manage it... in fact I'm amazed at how people can get 350 page books out for less than $14 at times and still have more than 10c left over for the author.

Thank goodness at least with the proliferation of eBooks we as independents have a chance of competing the same - it's not like Amazon or their ilk go out of their way to do any promotion on the author's behalf

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Hardy (lynnhardy) | 28 comments Lynn wrote: "My story goes like this. My publisher insisted on increasing the price on my book... Only he forgot about Smashwords. Now, all of the sudden, my Romantic Fantasy book is only 89 cents on Amazon! Th..."

At least it cleared relatively fast.