MS 256 Reading Group discussion

2010-2011 > What have YOU been reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ms. Walsh (new)

Ms. Walsh (mswalsh) | 44 comments Mod
Hi everyone, and welcome to Goodreads! This summer, I became obsessed with the author Ray Bradbury. I read A Sound of Thunder and let me tell you, I had nightmares every night! If you are into science-fiction and like to spook yourself out, this could be the book for you. Some other books I read over the summer were In the Time of the Butterflies, by Julia Alvarez, the beginning of Twilight (sorry, kids, I just couldn't get through it yet, but I will try again- vampires just aren't my thing), and some classic American short stories. How about you? What have YOU been reading?

message 2: by David (new)

David Patterson (MrPatterson) | 24 comments Mod
I am reading "Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen. It is a very long book about a family that lives in Minnesota and then moves to Washington, D.C. It's a funny book that keeps you thinking! What's everyone else reading?

message 3: by Arly (new)

Arly Castellanos | 16 comments Right now, I'm reading vampire books like crazy!!!

message 4: by Sean (new)

Sean Cherry | 6 comments yes i am reading a book called i houdini and this book is about a lost hamster that the owner have been trying to find all week for cause it needs to be on a commercial i think the reason he ran off because he felt like betrayed and he desurves better then the owner has been giving him treating him like he is money.

message 5: by Arly (new)

Arly Castellanos | 16 comments Whoops, let me finish. One of the vampire books is called Ninth grade slays by Heather Brewer. So far it's really good! All though the most recent book I finished was , well, actually, I can't remember any new books I've read. Over the summer I read Hunted , though. It's from the house of night series. I really like it. And I get wait to get my hands on Tempted!!

message 6: by Nashawn (new)

Nashawn Hudson | 4 comments right now, I am reading a book called son of the mob. It's really good so far even though it's the beginning.Most people should read this book

message 7: by Mahogani (new)

Mahogani | 25 comments im reading a mystery book called the lovely bones but i dont think this the book for me but for now the book is about a girl who is murdered but try to clear her name before she finally goes to the light

message 8: by Dariq (new)

Dariq Wigfall | 1 comments I am reading paint me like I am. I love this book so much because it has so many strong sentences.evey one should check it out :)

message 9: by Arly (new)

Arly Castellanos | 16 comments To Mahogani:
Actually,the Lovely Bones is about a girl who is raped and murdered. Then travels to heaven where she obsurves her family and friends.

message 10: by Saul (new)

Saul  balbuena | 7 comments i am reading the demonata lord loss by: darren shan.this book is great.it is mostly about some demon a boy u will see if you read it.so i think you will like. uyou should check it out.

message 11: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 7 comments The Fire Within, Icefire, Fire Star, and The Fire Eternal (Complete 4-Book Set) by Chris d'Lacey i read these books and the books(there in order)are like an essay and book one tells how the dragones come to life and how they die ps there is a book five i have them all care to read themyou will tingle with excitement

message 12: by Mr. Brown (last edited Sep 14, 2010 06:56PM) (new)

Mr. Brown | 1 comments I am reading "How Soccer Explains The World" by Franklin Foer. It is a very interesting book about how soccer is related to different cultures and societies from around the world. I am really enjoying it, and would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys sports and world politics. How Soccer Explains the World An Unlikely Theory of Globalization by Franklin Foer

message 13: by Chyna (new)

Chyna Powell | 4 comments Im reading How to (Un)cage a Girl Block by Francesca Lia

message 14: by Saul (new)

Saul  balbuena | 7 comments like i said im reading lord loss is a great book.author: darren shan

message 15: by Shavon (new)

Shavon Garner | 1 comments Im Reading "Nothing But Drama". The book is very interesting . I enjoy reading it

message 16: by Mahogani (new)

Mahogani | 25 comments Arly wrote: "To Mahogani:
oooopppppppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 17: by Mahogani (new)

Mahogani | 25 comments Destiny wrote: "in my book i am now on page 141"

good 4 u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by Steven (new)

Steven | 1 comments im reading a book called sammmy keyes and the hotel theif and its about this girl that is curuious what happend in the hotel when a hotel theif sneak into a room and steal something but nobody beleive her not even her grandmother.

message 19: by Jovan (new)

Jovan | 6 comments I have been reading different books.My 2 mane books are the road to el dorado.The second book is living up the street.The author of living up the street is by Gary Soto.The author of el dorado is Peter Lerangis.El dorado is a juior novel.

message 20: by Kristopher (new)

Kristopher Carolina | 2 comments I'm am reading LIVING UP THE STREET by Gary Solo.It tells the memoir of a boy Gary solo and his older brother Rick and his younger. Mainly the story circles around him growing up in Mexico.

message 21: by Devonmcgowan (new)

Devonmcgowan | 2 comments Hi Ms. Walsh i Am Reading A Book Called Played ! The Author is DANA DAVIDSON ! I Am Really Liking The BOOK !

message 22: by Kenny (new)

Kenny | 1 comments Hi miss walsh im reading a book called Robin Hood I like it because its entertaining

message 23: by Saul (new)

Saul  balbuena | 7 comments what i have been reading is a book called

message 24: by Mahogani (new)

Mahogani | 25 comments Saul wrote: "what i have been reading is a book called"

CCCCCCCAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD

message 25: by Kambui (new)

Kambui | 3 comments my book is called tyrell and its the most intertaining book ever!!!!

heads up to coe booth

message 26: by Ms. Walsh (new)

Kambui wrote: "my book is called tyrell and its the most intertaining book ever!!!!

heads up to coe booth"

Kambui- EVERYONE is asking me for this book! It must be a good one. Would you mind posting some information about it? I haven't read it yet. Thanks!

message 27: by Ms. Walsh (new)

Nashawn wrote: "right now, I am reading a book called son of the mob. It's really good so far even though it's the beginning.Most people should read this book"

Hey Nashawn,
Why? Why?! WHYYYY should people read this book? Tell us because WE want to KNOW!!!!

: )

message 28: by Ms. Walsh (new)

Dariq wrote: "I am reading paint me like I am. I love this book so much because it has so many strong sentences.evey one should check it out :)"

Dariq, I LOVE strong sentences. Post your favorite strong sentence. I DARE YOU!

message 29: by Ms. Walsh (new)

Chyna wrote: "Im reading How to (Un)cage a Girl Block by Francesca Lia"

Chyna, the title of your book is intriguing to me. What's it all about? How do you uncage a girl, and what the heck is caging us?

message 30: by Ms. Walsh (new)

Shavon wrote: "Im Reading "Nothing But Drama". The book is very interesting . I enjoy reading it"

Shavon,
What is interesting about it? What's the drama? Tell me something here, darling!

message 31: by Ms. Walsh (new)

Steven wrote: "im reading a book called sammmy keyes and the hotel theif and its about this girl that is curuious what happend in the hotel when a hotel theif sneak into a room and steal something but nobody bele..."

Steven, how's it going with the book? What did she steal? I'm dying to know here! Can you tell us without spoiling the end?!

message 32: by Ms. Walsh (new)

Devonmcgowan wrote: "Hi Ms. Walsh i Am Reading A Book Called Played ! The Author is DANA DAVIDSON ! I Am Really Liking The BOOK !"

Devon, the title is intriguing. It could mean so many things! What's going on in your story? A detail or two might make me pick that book up!

message 33: by Ms. Walsh (new)

Kenny wrote: "Hi miss walsh im reading a book called Robin Hood I like it because its entertaining"

Hi Kenny, I'm pretty sure you took the AR quiz for this, right? Or am I mistaken? Do you like adventure tales like Robin Hood? Read The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien. Let me know if you're interested. It's one of my top 3 in the universe!

message 34: by Kambui (new)

Kambui | 3 comments Ms. Walsh wrote: "Kambui wrote: "my book is called tyrell and its the most intertaining book ever!!!!

heads up to coe booth"

Kambui- EVERYONE is asking me for this book! It must be a good one. Would you mind p..."

its about this kid who need money to get his family out of a poor people or whatever home and he makes this crazy party where everyone go's to but i'll leave the rest to you

message 35: by Nashawn (new)

Nashawn Hudson | 4 comments this book is interesting so far, It's called Son Of The Mob.

message 36: by Danasia (new)

Danasia Martin | 8 comments I'm reading a book called You Hear Me by Nina Nickles.
This story is very good and I really enjoyed this book.

message 37: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Perez | 2 comments I am reading Assassin.
I really love this book because it's exciting.

message 38: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Perez | 2 comments I am reading Assassin.
I really love this book because it's exciting.

message 39: by Mahogani (new)

Mahogani | 25 comments "I am reading Assassin.
I really love this book because it's exciting

OH MY GOD I SO LOVE THIS BOOK LIKE OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 40: by Robert (new)

Robert Done | 2 comments the book that I am reading is Lebron James and this book is about lebron's life and how he when to the NBA. when he was a little kid he had to live in the park because his parents were separated and they didn't have enough money. so when he live with is aunt she found a job so he came and live with her in an apartment. when Lebron was 5 years old he joined a basketball team they said he was very good. so when in his sophomore year he was drafted to the NBA by the cavilers. so when he was in the cavilers he didn't do well he got traded to Miami and they burn his cavilers jersey. people stared o hate him but he didn't win any championships. I love this book best book i ever red

message 41: by Vaughn (new)

Vaughn (vbgibbs1999gmailcom) | 2 comments I am reading a book called Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson. My book is about a kid and some stuffed tiger.They try to have fun throughout their lives without Calvin's mom,dad,teacher,and this anoying girl Susie giving them problems.My book is also a short story book that ends in so many wacky ways.That's my summary of Calvin and Hobbes

message 42: by Alyssa (last edited Sep 24, 2011 06:52PM) (new)

Alyssa | 4 comments I am reading the lovely bones by alice sebold. The book is really good so is the movie.Is about a girl who gets murderd at 14 years old. I started reading this book because I saw the movie. I wanted to read this book to see if it was just like the movie. Im only in the begining and I can already see that they left out lots of detals.

message 43: by Nini (new)

Nini Baby (JeannineK) | 19 comments Alyssa wrote: "I am reading the lovely bones by alice sebold. The book is really good so is the movie.Is about a girl who gets murderd at 14 years old. I started reading this book because I saw the movie. I wante..."

I read the book to and saw the movie to they both are great the part when she died in the movie because of that creepy guy she thought she could trust. I hate him

message 44: by David (new)

Nini wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "I am reading the lovely bones by alice sebold. The book is really good so is the movie.Is about a girl who gets murderd at 14 years old. I started reading this book because I saw the..."

This is both a really intense book and definitely a really intense movie. Lots of things to make you think about in both!

Mr. Patterson

message 45: by David (new)

Nini wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "I am reading the lovely bones by alice sebold. The book is really good so is the movie.Is about a girl who gets murderd at 14 years old. I started reading this book because I saw the..."

This is both a really intense book and definitely a really intense movie. Lots of things to make you think about in both!

Mr. Patterson

message 46: by Nini (new)

Nini Baby (JeannineK) | 19 comments Yes they are and I think that people can really learn things from these both; such as not to trust everyone you meet.

message 47: by RiGGy (new)

RiGGy Lauren | 1 comments I am reading Pay back this book is about a boy that was once a bully but has been defeated by one of his Victims but he is going to get a gun and kill everybody and anybody that talked about the fight as you can see he has lost Lol...(:

message 48: by Nini (new)

Nini Baby (JeannineK) | 19 comments I am now reading Alicia it is part of the Clique series. I love the Clique series I can't stop readinh them I plan to read all of them this year.

message 49: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 4 comments i am reading the lovely bones. i love this book it is so interesting.

message 50: by Nini (new)

Nini Baby (JeannineK) | 19 comments Yeah thats true and it makes people think

« previous 1