Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > No publishing date

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ralph (new)

Ralph McEwen | 40 comments Nightmares and Dreamscapes Audio Cassette by Stephen King does not show a publish date in my listing. The details show "Published October 1st 1993 by Highbridge Audio"

message 2: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments The link above takes me to a paperback that does the publish date in the right area. ??

message 3: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Ralph, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you're seeing is supposed to be that way. GR has been changing and updating the listing pages recently so a few things have changed. From what you say above that seems to be correct. Unless you mean 'description' instead of 'details' - then the published date should be moved.

message 4: by Ralph (new)

Ralph McEwen | 40 comments OK I'll try to explain more clearly. When I go to "MY Books" and view as a list with the "year pub" column selected as the sort column, this audio book is listed first and the date is blank. When I click on the title I am taken to a book page that say it's a audio book. I uploaded two screen shots that will show it.
Goodreads Librarians > photos > My Book listing
Goodreads Librarians > photos > SK book page

message 5: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Your first comment didn't clearly state that you were looking at the books like you're saying you are now. One can only go by what someone else says with something like this.
I'm going to go look to see if I can find out why.

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Ah-hah, Ralph, I see it: you're looking at this book:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/84...

...which, until just now, didn't have the original publication date set for the whole work, just the publication date of the individual edition. I've set the original publication date, and it looks like it's displaying correctly in your "my books" list now, yes?

message 7: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments :) Cait. Thanks....

message 8: by Ralph (new)

Ralph McEwen | 40 comments Sorry I wasn't clear. I am glad I was able to explain. Thanks for you time and effort. So the pic's helped?

message 9: by Ralph (new)

Ralph McEwen | 40 comments Much better thank you once again you are really wonderful.

message 10: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments I don't know if Cait looked at them but I was still looking at the first one when she posted that she fixed it! :D

message 11: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Ralph wrote: "Sorry I wasn't clear. I am glad I was able to explain. Thanks for you time and effort. So the pic's helped?"

:) Actually it was the sorting directions for finding it in your shelves. (You linked to the full edition in your first post, but the audio cassette editions are actually broken out into parts 1, 2, and 3, so they don't show as "other editions" from the full edition page.) I'm glad that fixed it! Most books have an original publication date set automatically; I think there was a short window of time when the automatic process broke, and that's how some books ended up without it....

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Nightmares and Dreamscapes (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephen King (other topics)