Stop Product Testing On Animals! discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

ok this is a page for vegetarians. or if you want to be a vegetarian. im a vegetarian now :-)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Imma vegetarian.

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) sam eheere@

message 4: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments Me too. Been one for like a year now.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

ive been one for 4 days now. yeah! my mom says i still have to eat some meat now :-(((((((((((((((((((((( sad

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i love being a vegetarian

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

guys our group has been very unactive!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

It is!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

yes. we must stay active if we want to make a change!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

We must. *determined face*

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

haha! *stalks*

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

.....perv......

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Claere wrote: "Me too. Been one for like a year now."

same here..

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been one for 3 years.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

o cool. we dont live near any farms so its kinda hard to get good meat

message 16: by Inutza (new)

Inutza I'm glad to see that there are more vegetarian people!
I've been one for a year and a half now and I feel great.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

its awesome! I eat fish though. I'm not fully vegetarian so i eat small amounts of meat on the weekends. my family eats meat every night so i like to take a break from cooking for myself

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't eat fish. I consider it an animal, although when I used to eat meat, I didn't like fish anyways.

Do you eat egga and cheese?

message 19: by Jessica-L- (new)

Jessica-L- I've been a vegetarian for nearly 5 years... being vegetarian to me means NOT eating animals. So, I don't eat fish (they are living creatures) and I don't eat any kind of meat, because I think it counts no matter how small the amount..
And I hate when people ask me questions like... Oh, you're a vegetarian.. do you eat fish?? And what about chicken??? D'oooohhh!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i eat cheese and eggs... i will starve if i dont eat meat on the weekends.. my family eats meat every night so i have to make myself stuff

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica Bpv wrote: "I've been a vegetarian for nearly 5 years... being vegetarian to me means NOT eating animals. So, I don't eat fish (they are living creatures) and I don't eat any kind of meat, because I think it c..."

I know! It drives me crazy. It's like you want to ask them if they know what vegetarian actually means.

message 22: by Jessica-L- (new)

Jessica-L- ♥♥Sydney! wrote: "Jessica Bpv wrote: "I've been a vegetarian for nearly 5 years... being vegetarian to me means NOT eating animals. So, I don't eat fish (they are living creatures) and I don't eat any kind of meat, ..."

exactly!!!
It's like... frustrating. very... I mean, I love to talk about vegetarianism, I love it when people are curious about it and ask advice or whatever... That's the whole point, anyway, to spread the word and encourage people to stop eating meat... But, Hellllooooo, you MUST know that chicken IS NOT a vegetarian meal... come on... And I'm also somewhat sensitive when it comes to fish, because so many 'vegetarians' eat it, but I just don't see how can they.. Fish is not a vegetable.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

ok im sorry. Like all r meals that r family eats is meat, otherwise there was just like carrots. Nothing else. I couldn't do it. When I grow up and I can make my own stuff I will be a vegetarian. I would right now if I could but I can't. :-( Now I'm sad.

message 24: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments Golly, that's too bad. I was actually a little ill for a while from not eating meat, but now I'm stronger than ever.

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 81 comments Mod
Yeah, really? That's odd glad ur better

message 26: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) Yeah I got really bad stomach cramps because I didn't have enough iron. But it's better now and I'm healthier then I was before eating meat.

Cool

message 28: by Claere (last edited Nov 04, 2010 01:27AM) (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments Lexphie wrote: "Yeah, really? That's odd glad ur better"

You just have to get used to eating Vitamins more than fat.

message 29: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) I eat try to eat vitamins. I have them. I just
1) Don't like organization/scedules
2) Have a busy morning
3) Forget. A. Lot.

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 04, 2010 04:38PM) (new)

I eat vitamins, or I'm supposed to, but I tend to forget to eat them sometimes.
I lacked A LOT of protien during this last summer, to where while washing dishes I all but actually faited on the kitchen floor.

message 31: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) That's not healthy.

♥♥Sydney! wrote: "I eat vitamins, or I'm supposed to, but I tend to forget to eat them sometimes.
I lacked A LOT of protien during this last summer, to where while washing dishes I all but actually faited on the k..."

Wow

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 07, 2010 04:48PM) (new)

Yeah. But the doctor told me to eat peanut butter and eggs, since they're sources of protien. So I eat a peanut butter sandwhich everyday for lunch. And I eat protein bars. . . even though they're meant for weight loss. So now I'm all good. :) They thought for a while, before the blood tests and everything came in, that I was anemic.

Aww, I'm glad ur better :-)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Thankya. :)

message 36: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments ♥♥Sydney! wrote: "I eat vitamins, or I'm supposed to, but I tend to forget to eat them sometimes.
I lacked A LOT of protien during this last summer, to where while washing dishes I all but actually faited on the k..."

Whoa.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Mhm.

message 38: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 17 comments I'm a veggie!

im gonna get those non meat meat pack things soon to see if i like them and then i will try to be a veggie

message 40: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 17 comments Boca is good, you should get that. The veggie burgers are yummy.

Cool

message 42: by Avery (new)

Avery Smith | 4 comments I'm vegan.

message 43: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 17 comments That seems hard. I couldn't do that. I love cheese and milk too much.

message 44: by Avery (new)

Avery Smith | 4 comments  Tangles (Ears!)  wrote: "That seems hard. I couldn't do that. I love cheese and milk too much."

Ryza makes a great rice-milk that tastes way better than regular cow's milk. Daiya also makes a great vegan cheese.

message 45: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 17 comments Wha?

message 46: by Avery (new)

Avery Smith | 4 comments You confused about something? I don't see much to be confused about really, just vegan alternatives to dairy products that taste even better. What could it be?

message 47: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 17 comments Is rice-milk like soy milk?

Avery wrote: "You confused about something? I don't see much to be confused about really, just vegan alternatives to dairy products that taste even better. What could it be?"

Y r u a vegan? Just wondering your perspective

message 49: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 55 comments Hello everybody. I've just watched a movie right now, and it's a Japanese movie about a pig that lived in a classroom.

The basic flow is like this:

The teacher brings in a pig and suggests that everybody raise it, then kill the pig and eat her on graduation day. (Elementary school.) The teacher's intention was to teach the children about how all the meat comes on their tables and to all that. To make them thankful.
However the kids name the pig and begin to really like her. They all have fun taking care of her and playing with her.
When there is only about one month of school before everyone graduates. The teacher reminds them that they had brought the pig on intention of eating her. And they debate and vote on the subject. Most of the kids wanted to let her live and some thought that they should send her away (to die). Because most wanted to let her live, the teacher asked the other teachers to and classes to take care of the pig after the class graduated. A third grade class said that they wanted to.
But some of the kids now thought that it wasn't right to give the pig to third graders that might not be able to handle the pig who was growing bigger. They had another vote and this time it was 1:1.
The teacher, who was planning to let the kids vote, finds himself in a situation when he has to decide whether the pig is eaten or given to the third graders who will be in fourth grade next year.
In the end, he votes that they should kill the pig and that's what happens.

Is that right? What would you have done?

Personally, I believe that no one has the right to create anyone's (animal, human whatever) fate. In other words, I don't believe that the teacher had no right whatsoever to bring the pig into the class intending to kill it. I believe that every life should live as long as possible- happily. And because the teacher wasn't intending that, I think the teacher was in the wrong. I also think that the teacher was a little stupid in thinking that the children wouldn't grow to love the pig. (Honestly, they aren't grown ups!)
If I was in the position was the kids HAVING to vote, then I would have chosen to give the pig to the third graders. They were more than willing to take the pig (their teacher included) and the pig would have had a longer life, even if the third graders chose to kill her after they had to go up one grade. I don't know what the rest of you might think, but I think it was cruel to take the pig away from the children that way and I think it was cruel to keep the pig intending to eat it.

Thx for posting claere

« previous 1