Conservatives and Libertarians in Redmond discussion

What happened to this group? It seems so interesting and important

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Clapp | 3 comments I used to be a resident of Redmond until I turned 17. I lived in Grousemont, English Hill, and later, Woodinville heights. I'm also an emerging libertarian. If any of you are familiar with the last name Duffin that's us. Anyway, my dad has just published a political thriller that is quite relevant to our countries current state of affairs and presents some intriguing libertarianish solutions. I think you'll love it and it's written by one of your own. The Jefferson Project  by Thor Duffin

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It sounds like my kind of book. I will check it out.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Clapp | 3 comments Thank you! Please let me know what you think after you finish.

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kaplan | 7 comments Whoops! I just joined this group--searched for libertarians but didn't realize you had to live in Redmond. I'm from Berkeley and attended the 1st Libertarian Party Convention in LA in 1971 but moved to Carmel,CA 30 years ago--in SF several days a month too.

What do you think--am I eligible to join this Redmond group?

Margaret

message 5: by David (new)

David Robins (dbrobins) | 2 comments Margaret wrote: "Whoops! I just joined this group--searched for libertarians but didn't realize you had to live in Redmond. I'm from Berkeley and attended the 1st Libertarian Party Convention in LA in 1971 but move..."

Fine by me... the more the merrier. Wish the group was more lively, though. :)

Berkeley, huh? Rough place to be a libertarian (at least fiscally, if not socially).

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kaplan | 7 comments Had enough of Ron Dellums and ended up with Leon Panetta as a Representative.

Where are you from and who is your Congressman? I'd like to meet someone in Ron Paul's district.

message 7: by David (new)

David Robins (dbrobins) | 2 comments I'm in Redmond, like the group says. :) As to my congressman, I'm a voluntaryist, but I might vote for initiatives. Watkins might be in my district and he could unseat Inslee... and for senators we have the wretched Murray and Cant(vote)well.

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy Strum (fed-upamerican) | 8 comments This is a book for the times. It stikes a note for everyone.
"Essays from a Fed-Up Middle Aged, Middle Class American"

Excerpts on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Essays-Fed-Up-M...

Conservatives and Libertarians in Redmond

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Jefferson Project (other topics)