Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Question about Series

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam | 23 comments Hi,

I just joined as a librarian and I'm going through and fixing stuff in the database for books that I own. I'm a big fan of Role Playing Games and I was wondering if I should use the series function to put specific games all into one giant blanket? For example Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition would be a series and I would group all those books together.

Do you think it's a good idea to do this?

Let me know,
Adam

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It makes sense to me to combine all of the 3rd ed rulebooks, manuals, and so on under "Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition". D&D editions are major series revamps, so I'd call "Dungeons & Dragons" a franchise series and consider the various D&D/AD&D editions to be series within them.

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam | 23 comments I would too, I'll start getting to work on combining all this stuff under one blanket. This could take me months to get through, just so you all know. Thanks for the input.

message 4: by Brent (new)

Brent Knorr (brent_knorr) | 5 comments Did this work out well for you? I'm planning on doing the same with the Rolemaster, Spacemaster and MERP RPG books. Did you use the product number as the number of the book in the series ?