Love Inspired Books discussion

Character Interviews > Heroine Interview for Doctor Right by Janet Tronstad

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
Interview with the heroine from Doctor Right by Janet Tronstad:

1.Maryann Jenner, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I don’t know if it’s the most interesting, but it’s the most challenging thing about me. I tend to be impulsive. That’s why I drove up to Treasure Creek, Alaska to save my cousin from herself. She’d been left at the altar and I was afraid she’d marry some guy on the rebound. The one place where I’m not impulsive is when it comes to love myself. I’ve seen the problems that can come from falling in love with one’s eyes closed. It can be a disaster.

2. What do you do for fun?

You mean apart from rushing around the country rescuing my cousin? (Just a little joke there). Mostly, I enjoy the outdoors. I couldn’t believe the mountains when I got to Alaska! And I got to see them from a small airplane. Awesome!

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

I’m actually pretty organized – I need to be since I’m a nurse. But I will admit I have put off settling down. I just haven’t found a place to call home. I’m wondering if I’ll find that in Alaska though.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I’m a little embarrassed here, but its romance that scares me. Well, not the first part of romance – the kissing and dating part. I like that. But making a decision about marriage makes my heart stop. So many people in my family have made mistakes when they got married – I wonder if I will do the same.

5. What do you want out of life?

Ironically, even though the thought of getting married scares me spitless, I will confess it’s what I want more than anything. Only I want a marriage that will last. I just fear I’ll never have.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

Commitment. I work hard at being committed to the people I care about, like my cousin. I hope for the same in return.

7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?

Oh, I love romances. That old ‘happy ending’ gets me every time.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I could only wish for more wisdom when it comes to romance. How do I know if a man is right for me? This whole question has become really important since I met someone who just might be Dr. Right.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No pets. But there is a cute moose that I keep seeing around the boarding house down the street. I wish I could adopt him.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I’d like to see Treasure Creek in the old days. I bet there are some stories around from those times. Doctor Right by Janet Tronstad

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments I recommented it...

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I would love to see Treasure creek in the old days (Maybe someone will write about the old days?)
Oh you can keep the mouse not a fan of them.
thanks for sharing.

message 4: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 07, 2010 04:09PM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Ausjenny -- Your wish is going to be fulfilled! After the contemporary Treasure Creek books are out, there will be several historical ones that are part of the continuity. I can't remember off-hand who is doing all of them altho I think Valerie Hansen is one of the authors. Oh, and the pet is a moose, not a mouse.

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Oh that makes sense I cant read. I remember that moose yes it would be a good pet.

oh cool about the historical books.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 62 comments Janet, I am so excited about the Historical continuity series set in Alaska. I usually enjoy those even more than the contemporary ones, which I loved. Are you doing one of the historicals too, I hope?

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Barbara -- No, I'm not doing one of the historicals. I think they only ask for one book per author on the series. I am excited to read the historicals, too, though --

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Yay for historicals in this series! Perfect interview too. Loved the book.

message 9: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 64 comments Jennifer wrote: "Yay for historicals in this series! Perfect interview too. Loved the book."

I agree with you Jennifer. Loved the book and Yay for historicals in this series.

message 10: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments If any of you who have read the book want to, I'd love to have a review of it on Amazon. I've had quite a few reviews on Goodreads, but none on the other.

message 11: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I plan to add one to my blog then do the rounds so will do it by the weekend. does barnes and noble sell it too?
I can put a review there too.

message 12: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Wow, Ausjenny -- you do good. Yes, Barnes and Noble sells the Love Inspired books, too.

message 13: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Will get it by the weekend I have a few to add. I have gotten behind in things (blame it on all these reports i have been doing)

message 14: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Those reports will get you everytime, Ausjenny :)), Thanks for the reviews -- we authors really like to get feedback on our books.

message 15: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I figure I wont mention Rocco as I think thats one of the surprises readers need to find for themselves.

I have one report left to do. I just need to do the summary and the draft is done (and the bibliography)
Then I have to do the final copy of it. also need to answer some questions then that subject too.

message 16: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 64 comments Oh, Janet. I loved it of course. I will try to stop by the other sites today and leave a review. Be happy to.

message 17: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Thanks, Patsy!

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments I will try to make the rounds too! :D

message 19: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Cool, Jennifer! The book just looks so 'naked' without a review.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Done on Amazon! :D I think I was the first one to do it cause it didn't have any. Not naked anymore! :D

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Actually, I did it for all three books. Terri's didn't have any reviews either, and Jillian only had one.

message 22: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Oh, thank you, Jennifer -- from all of us!!

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments No prob! I liked them all so it wasn't hard to do.

message 24: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 64 comments Janet, I left a review of Doctor Right on Christian Book.com. (that's where we order all of our church library books from.) Left one on Amazon too.

message 25: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Thanks, Patsy!

message 26: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
Wonderful! You guys are great!!

message 27: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 11 comments I left a review at Amazon as well. :)

message 28: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Oh, thanks Abbie!!

message 29: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Finally got the review up. will get it to Amazon etc by the end of the weekend.