YA Must-Reads discussion

Writing > Unexpected

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberlee (new)

Kimberlee Franco (cheergurl_kim) | 12 comments this is the first part of my story tell me what you think.......

Right now it is 11 pm and I am laying on my black, leather couch that sits in my light purple room that I’ve always loved, next to a totally sensible and gorgeous guy. That is also my boyfriend. We are watching Romeo & Juliet but I’m not really paying attention, all I see are the colors that flicker across the screen. My house is empty and quite except for us. It is really peaceful.
Then Jason looks down at me and I can feel my checks heat up ,as the blood rushes to my face, and my heart start to speed. I can see his adorable dimples while he smiles his goofy grin like he can hear my heart beat. I can see the sparkle in his golden brown eyes that are looking at me with concern and sincerity . I can tell he loves me by the way he looks at me. I run my fingers through his damp, light brown hair, from his shower, and I feel a tingle run through my body. I can tell I love him and I want to tell him but I don’t know how to say the words. As he leans closer towards me, my heart accelerates more.
He looks at me and whispers “Katie.”
Then it goes dark.

I had this dream constantly since I was seven years old. I always ended up waking up exactly at this point. The first time I had this dream my mom found someone new so my parents got a divorce.

It has been nine years since then.
“Katie,” my mom whispers waking me up from my wonderful dream. “Happy Almost 16th Birthday!”
The next sentence or two I didn’t really understand what she was saying but it sounded like, “Hurry up and get dressed then come down stairs.”
“Hurry,” she says as she pulls me from my bed, “I have a surprise for you!”
“ Mom wait, what is this about?” I asked in a rushed voice. But it was too late she was already down the stairs,
So, by a miracle, I finally wake up enough to follow my mothers orders to get dressed and go down stairs. So I throw on my light pink tank top with my paint splattered jean shorts and head down the stairs at a slow pace.
On my way down I was thinking about the car I wanted for my birthday and that I am supposed to get it soon. I was also wondering what other presents my mom had gotten for me. I was thinking that my mom was so nice to get me my car early before my birthday and how I was going to act surprised. Boy did things change, worse then I ever could have imagined.

message 2: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments ooo! it's good! Do you think I can get some more?

message 3: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) this has got potential. i want to be wholly honest though and let you know that the first paragraph sounds eerily like the first chapter of New Moon where bella and edward are watching romeo and juliet at her house on the couch and she pretty much looks at him the way you described katie looking at jason...otherwise im interested in what else you add to this

message 4: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 363 comments Mod
For T-Rose I don't remember that part. As for the story I've taken a liking to it and request that you write and post more if you would.

message 5: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) no problem tori. i just wrote a short story myself. will post soon. as for the new moon scene i referred to it takes place right after bella and edward go to her house after school. if u recall its her birthday and alice wanted to throw a party which bella obviously didn't want. she specifically told alice and edward that she had to go watch romeo and juliet. so edward to alice that since its bella's birthday she can watch the movie. then he told alice that he'd bring bella to his house after the movie. so they went to bella's house and that's where this scene takes place...
also, please don't get me wrong. i too like the direction in which kimberlee's story is going. i hope to hear more soon

message 6: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 363 comments Mod
T-Rose wrote: "no problem tori. i just wrote a short story myself. will post soon. as for the new moon scene i referred to it takes place right after bella and edward go to her house after school. if u recall its..."

Well put. I do expect that story of yours. And thank you, for I remember it now. =^)