Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Combine

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 22 comments I'm not quite sure how to combine/merge a book. I read the Libarian's Manual but I didn't see any exact instructions. There's no "merge" button in the edit section of the book page.

I wanted to merge this book: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/47... and http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33... this book.

Thanks!

message 2: by willaful (new)

willaful Combining and merging are actually two different things. What you want to do here is *combine* the two books, because they are two different editions of the same book. (Merging is done if they are the exact same book.) That's done with the "combine" button next to where is says "other editions" on the book page. However it can't be done at the moment because the first author of each edition needs to be the same.

message 3: by Marilu (new)

Marilu | 65 comments I tried to combine them. I was not able to do it, as there is only one work by this author with this title when you go to the combine page. I think it is because the first link you posted has the authors listed this way Joseph Bruchac, Marilyn Singer, David Lubar, and the 2nd link lists it this way David Lubar, Marilyn Singer. Not 100% sure if I should edit it, and then combine!

message 4: by Marilu (last edited Sep 05, 2010 08:34PM) (new)

Marilu | 65 comments ok so I should go ahead and edit that.

message 5: by willaful (new)

willaful Oh dear, you and I are both working on it at the same time Laura and undoing each other's work. Sorry about that. :-)

message 6: by Marilu (new)

Marilu | 65 comments looks like we did it at the same time!

message 7: by willaful (new)

willaful Heh. Will the madness ever stop?!

message 8: by willaful (new)

willaful By the way, I listed Joseph Bruchac as the first author because he's first on the cover.