Dementia - Reading Challenges discussion

Rules > Questions?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 05, 2010 10:11AM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 532 comments Mod
1) Is there a time limit on any of the challenges?
Not on most of them. You can just complete them as you wish, or set your own time goal. I figured with everyone reading at different speeds that would be best.
Challenges listed under "Challenges With A Time Limit" will have a limit. I will put the end date in the title of the thread so it's easy to see.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

2) Do reread books count, too? Or can we use the books only we haven't read yet?

message 3: by Heather (new)

2) Do reread books count, too? Or can we use the books only we haven't read yet?

It's up to you. Although, if it matters for the challenge I'll post it at the beginning with the explanation so that you know there is a specific rule for that particular challenge. What matters to me is that you're reading. It's still reading even if you know the ending.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

3) Can we make an extra thread where we can post what challenges we're participating?

message 5: by Heather (new)

3) Can we make an extra thread where we can post what challenges we're participating?

I just made a thread called I'm Completing... You can post challenges that you're working on and strike them out when you've finished them. Just remember, you can complete most of the challenges more than once if you'd like.

message 6: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) 4) Do the Group Reads count for a challenge by themselves, or can we use them for challenges we're already in?

message 7: by Heather (new)

4) Do the Group Reads count for a challenge by themselves, or can we use them for challenges we're already in?

I'm going to say that you can still use them for a challenge. That way, more people will be likely to read. Plus, in another group I run I don't allow them to cross over and I've had to become the book Nazi. Since this group is for fun and not running on points, I'd rather not to have to go crazy on anyone. =)

Ask Angela... She gets threats of whippings. ;) Although, that's because she hasn't read Night Huntress yet.

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela B I do get threats of whippings it's very scary *shudders at the memory* lol

message 9: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! Sounds like your group has to be cautious of what they do :). Haha, thanks for the answer, Heather!

message 10: by Heather (last edited Sep 27, 2010 05:49PM) (new)

Haha. Angela just haven't read Night Huntress yet so we're trying to corupt her.

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela B I'm plenty coorupt I just need to find more hours in the day so I can read more

message 12: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Understandable, Angela :)

message 13: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 13 comments Im confused arnt I already in a group like this.

message 14: by Heather (new)

Haha. Delirity has challenges, but it's also focused around all of the series threads. Here, there are just more challenges to do, most don't have time limits and they're not all centered around the same genre.

message 15: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 13 comments oooh ok lol

message 16: by Heather (new)

You can use books from other groups to do challenges here if you want. I don't have to be as strict since I'm not counting points here. I just always finished my challenges earlier and wanted to add more, but I knew I had to keep the amount of challenges reasonable for other people to have a chance to at least get close to finishing, so I set up a different group where I could make as many challenges as I wanted. =)