Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

And Everything Else > What's the book where the girl and the dude with the thing...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne (rschmread) | 41 comments I want to make a post that we all can help each other when this strange phenomenon happens... you pick up a book at a store or library and read the first few pages or chapters only to leave and not take it with you. Only to find that later that day or that month you have the urge to read it. Only you can't find it, and you didn't bother to write it down.
Never FEAR!! Wild Things is here!!!

I'll start: So I don't remember where I was or what the cover even looked like. At first I thought it was Once Dead, Twice Shy, but when I read the first couple pages of ODTS it was nothing like it.

Ok, so it starts with a girl who is dead, post-car-accident. She's wandering around the streets of her home town with this thing-creature that she/it claims is her guardian. It says something to the effect that she is protected from other-evil-creatures-that-I've-forgotten-the-name-of while she's in the presence of her guardian-thing. OK, so she's re-alive or something because she starts interacting with some guy and gets in his truck.

I don't remember anymore.
Help!

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (affie) | 468 comments Roseanne, is it possible that the story you are thinking of comes from the 'prequel' to ODTS? There is a short story in the anthology Prom Nights from Hell that sets up this series. It might be that. Otherwise, I have no idea... Good luck!

message 3: by Alaa (last edited Sep 05, 2010 04:35AM) (new)

Alaa | 9 comments Is it Dark angel by L.J. Smith (The night world series)??

Here is the summery:

In Dark Angel, Gillian is saved from drowning by her guardian angel. Only visible to Gillian, Angel will fulfill her heart's every desire. But when Angel starts making strange and sinister requests, Gillian must question who he truly is and where he came from.

Yeah and after she is saved she went to the road and was found by a guy in his car.

message 4: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne (rschmread) | 41 comments Lawl! I am now interested in more books ;) No, no, these aren't the one but it might be another short story from one of those Things in Hell anthologies. I'll keep you posted.