Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

This & That > User Names and How You Chose Them

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I notice some of us have some interesting usernames. Anyone want to share how they got theirs?

Mine - Allhoney is what my name means in the baby name books.

message 2: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 100 comments That's cool!

Mine is easy to figure out. It's what my nephews call me.:)

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Auntee wrote: "That's cool!

Mine is easy to figure out. It's what my nephews call me.:)"

lol I sorta guessed that :)

message 4: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments I explained mine in another group to someone else who asked, but since very few of my GR friends probably saw it, I'll do it again.:-)

Mom2lnb = Mom to L(ucas) 'n' B(ree) - my kids names of course

Pretty simple really, but some people have been baffled by it.;-)

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I figured out the mom part :)

Nice names Julie. I got 1 and her name is Camie.

message 6: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 414 comments Mine is not quite so interesting/unique. In fun, my best friend and I made up names based on Gone with the Wind. I was Melanie Clark and she was Ashley Gable. Melanie is close to my real name and it brings back fond memories.

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Well, Melanie is a pretty name :)

message 8: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 2103 comments Mine is just one of my nicknames. Nothing too interesting :)

message 9: by Lina (new)

Lina I was one of many in my family with the same name, SO i became Caro B to differentiate me from the other Carolinas in my family. I use Carob now as my nickname, because here in Australia, anyone called Caroline gets nicknamed Cazza, which is just not me.

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Caro or Carob sounds good to me.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Well mine is Ella Frank - which is my pen name and is a combo of my middle name Ella and my husbands name Frank.

My real pearson real world name LOL is Jennifer

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Thats a great way to get a pen name, Ella.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Thats a great way to get a pen name, Ella."

Thanks :) I'm just glad it flowed nicely in the end...we joke around now that i really am Mrs. Frank!

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 14, 2012 04:17PM) (new)

CaroB wrote: "I was one of many in my family with the same name, SO i became Caro B to differentiate me from the other Carolinas in my family. I use Carob now as my nickname, because here in Australia, anyone ca..."

Us Aussie's LOVE to give everyone and everything a nickname > I miss that, case and point my father Gary, always been known as Gazza :)

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments My mom used to call me Sally Bell. I had some friends who used to call me Sally Sunshine. I never figured out where the Sally came from.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Mine is a combo of my name and my Amazon name. I put both on here as there are so many Lisa's that people looking for me knew who it was.

Same with my picture of the magnificent Sydney Harbour Bridge and our Opera House. I am so glad we have a few more Aussies on Goodreads now. I am really enjoying being part of the Cafe.

PS Hey Ella my husband's name is Barry... yes he does get Bazza and he hates it!

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments My hubby is Gary but no nicknames. lol

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Mine is a combo of my name and my Amazon name. I put both on here as there are so many Lisa's that people looking for me knew who it was.

Same with my picture of the magnificent Sydney Harbour Bri..."

That's hilarious Lisa! We're so original down under. I miss the Harbour Bridge and Opera House - I spent New Year's 2000 right underneath the bridge, one of the best New Year's Eve's of my life - no one does fireworks like we do :)

It's been ten years I have lived over here in the US but whenever we go back that is a MUST stop for me, an amazing beautiful place.

Not to mention the Opera House - my nan would take me to watch the huge singing christmas tree there.. ok now I'm feeling homesick!

Good thing the parents will be visitng in three weeks woot woot!!!

message 19: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) I have no idea where or how my mother picked my name. She said she wanted something "different" from the usual. Well, she got it. I was the only kid in all my school years with my name until Marilyn Monroe came along. Adding to it all, my maiden name started with an "M" so that also made me an "MM". That nude calendar photo of her came out about 1950. People would see me coming their way and they'd say, "Ah, here comes MM!" It was mortifying for me since I was only 12.

message 20: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Yeah, got to be careful giving out names 'cause kids are mean.

message 21: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) Y,know, I got to thinking: Where did my name come from? So I checked the internet for names and came up with one site that had a graph and according to that, the name "Marilyn" first appeared about 1905 and grew slowly, but, steadily in popularity with 1936 being it's high point and then began slowly descending through 1937, 1938, etc.; then, there was a spike in its popularity again in the 1950s. Huh! Trust my mom to ferret that name out. Mother was...different. Mother could make hippies appear to be members of the establishment.

message 22: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 648 comments Mine's Kit because my nickname since high school has been Kit (short for Christian, my actual name, which I'm not fond of at all) or Kitty to my bestest friends. To this day my bff still calls me Kitty-chan. And the star is just to make it look pretty, and I love stars, star jewelry, star stickers, looking at real stars, etc. :)

message 23: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I like Marilyn and Christian as names. I probably wouldn't actually use them but they are nice names. Kit is a cool nickname.

message 24: by Hayley (last edited Aug 16, 2012 06:26AM) (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 951 comments Nothing too interesting here - My real name is Hayley =). My mom named me after Hayley Mills, the actress!

message 25: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I love the actress Hayley Mills. I got several of her movies on VHS. Maybe someday I'll get them on DVD.

message 26: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 951 comments I liked her in Parent Trap and some of the episodes from Saved by the Bell

message 27: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I liked those and also Summer Magic and In Search of the Castaways and Moonspinners and That Darn Cat and Pollyanna. ☺

message 28: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments We're doing a little housecleaning here in the Happily Ever After Cafe!

Because some threads get lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday posting, we're giving them permanent homes.

This thread has been moved to the This & That Folder.