VAMPS-R-US discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Picky, Picky...How Specific Are Your Vamp Standards?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 33 comments I don't know why but I am picker about what I feed my brain than what I eat. You can always throw up a bad meal (never done it on purpose) but a book stays with you forever. I just finished reading "My Love Eternal" and found that I was really upset that the vamp hero/lover was 5'8". I had thought my list of dealbreakers was complete until I saw that. Height. It never occured to me that a writer would make her star vamp less than 6 feet tall. What is that all about. In my real life and real world, 5'8" is an acceptable height for a man or woman. When I read fiction, especially vamps -- they need to be an the extreme end of every scale. I don't know about anyone else but here is my Picky, Picky List:
Tall, meaning more than 6 feet
Rich, I think that one explains itself
Over 25 human years/As many vamp years divisible by 100s as possible
Muscles
With the exception of Zadist, they should be good looking
They should not be able to stand in the sun
They should not need to kill to feed

There are a few things I have gotten over and have come to embrace. I now don't give a second thought to hybrids (Cat and Dori). I don't mind them flying in human form (Bones). I don't mind when they can't shapeshift, compel minds, or use glamor (that's Dracula 101). I don't mind them being born versus made (Carpathians). So am I the only one out there with that little list of personal preferences?

message 2: by Mina (new)

Mina Burrows | 2 comments No. Sometimes when I'm reading and I catch a physical descript like that (5'8") it's like a needle on the record for me and I find myself reading the line over and over a few times to make sure I read it right. It can be completely derailing. On the other hand, I do love it when I read characters with vivid imperfections - with one caveat...they must facinate not repulse.

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 9 comments And yet -- the older they are, likely the shorter they would be. Men just weren't that tall the farther in history you go...

And I dont mind the sun (Dracula could - just was not as strong).

message 4: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Tiffany (vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
I love ALL VAMPS!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO. But I only wanna have sex with the sexy ones, and yes the tall ones preferrably. I also want the ones that are able to do vamp mind sex as well. ;-)

message 5: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Stuart (dylangi) | 15 comments jD wrote: "I don't know why but I am picker about what I feed my brain than what I eat. You can always throw up a bad meal (never done it on purpose) but a book stays with you forever. I just finished readi..."

You're just BDB'sessed, Don't be offended so am I. Vamps MUST be at least 6.2" Have shoulders that JUST fit through a door, def "Come" to me in dreams, supper strong and fast, caring and not kill or hurt unless they are protecting... When you track him down, let me know PLEASE!!!

message 6: by Natyra (new)

Natyra | 25 comments Ok, who isn't BDB obssesed?
I love all Vamps, but it I could have my own Vamp he would have to be tall dark and HOT!:P he would have to older then maybe 250 years with some exceptions preferably with some sort of trubbled past, he dosent kill when he feeds, have some sort of humor (I don't really like the all searious vamps) and finally he has to be able to kick ass:D

message 7: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 33 comments Did I say I can't do broke...they need to have money and expensive toys. Yes, BDB spoiled me big time. BTW - who does mind sex, I don't think I have come across that trick. Did I miss a book somewhere?

message 8: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 33 comments I just finished the first Demonica book and one of the brothers can do mind sex. They are succubus or something like that. Way cool. Again, are there vamps that can do it out there?

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 76 comments ஜ♥StOrMi~ToM'z GuRl~RaVeN♥ஜ wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "I love ALL VAMPS!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO. But I only wanna have sex with the sexy ones, and yes the tall ones preferrably. I also want the ones that are able to do vamp mind sex as well. ;..."

ahhahahahhaaa I agree too !!! LMAO !!!

message 10: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

jD wrote: "Did I say I can't do broke...they need to have money and expensive toys. Yes, BDB spoiled me big time. BTW - who does mind sex, I don't think I have come across that trick. Did I miss a book som..."

*putting on thinking cap*

The Argeneau Series, when they find their lifemate, they can have dream sex with them.......

One Bite With A Stranger (The Others, #6) by Christine Warren ....he made feel as though 12 different men had their hands all over her.....

Damn, there is a lot more, let me think on it.

message 11: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 33 comments Yeah, your're right. I forgot about that. I read the Argenaeu boks as fillers wehn I can't get my hands on something darker.

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 76 comments ஜ♥StOrMi~ToM'z GuRl~RaVeN♥ஜ wrote: "Bwhaha (:"

:)

message 13: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Lmfao!!

@ jD there r a ton more but i can't think of them right now!! There aren't many dark ones left that i haven't read yet. Oi vei. I need one now!!!! Lol

message 14: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments I too have standards in my vamps.....

They must be tall, wealthy, strong, passionate. Most of all they must not be wussy! that is the deal breaker right there and i will actually stop reading the book....for example Stefan in Vamp diaries! i hated that series but not just for his character flaws but that is beside the point. If i had to name another i would have to agree with My love eternal as well....he was not a strong vamp in my opinion, so not only lacking in height he lascked in character as well!

Now all of our BDB men are awesome with the exception of phury which i put him in the "wuss" category....as well as those breed males of Adrian's! Quinn and Spade are 2 of my favorite vamps and they havent been topped yet!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.