Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book with no isbn and not neccesary

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♥ Marlene♥  | 15 comments Hi there. I was looking at the book The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel when I noticed one book was separate. I looked and it was only added 2 weeks ago. I do not know why because this book has so many editions and there was no isbn added.
Then I did something stupid. I combined the book with the others (part 1), after I tried to delete it first but was not allowed.
There are enough editions as it is, so I do not think we needed another one without even an isbn.
But I thought I'd ask. :)
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/90...

message 2: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments I merged the reviews with the matching edition and recombined.

♥ Marlene♥  | 15 comments Thanks Melody. So that was what I should have done. Understand. take care

message 4: by James (new)

James (james_k_bowers) | 152 comments So, was the deleted edition one of the several alternate cover editions I added to GR over the past few weeks? Per the Librarian Manual instructions for alternate covers, the will BE no ISBN listed.

Please tell me it isn't one of the over 700 books that I own, and found time to inventory in GR, and is now packed away in one of the 20 boxes that are now back in storage...

message 5: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments No - it had the same cover and the same information as the one I combined with. All the ones I saw of yours with alternate covers were left intact.

message 6: by James (new)

James (james_k_bowers) | 152 comments Melody wrote: "No - it had the same cover and the same information as the one I combined with. All the ones I saw of yours with alternate covers were left intact."
Really wasn't sure which books I added alt covers to, all I know is there were a fair number of them (I dunno... a dozen or more?) and I do remember a few books by Auel among the books in those boxes... Thanks for the reassurance - I was not looking forward to digging through boxes to recheck one book... :)