Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Small issue when there's a boatload of authors

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bennet (new)

Bennet | 15 comments I was editing the authors on this book:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...
and now I notice that on the book's main page, if you click "more" to expand the full list of authors, one author is doubled up in the expanded list, even though he's listed only once on the master list on the edit page. Known issue? Easy fix (hopefully)?

message 2: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments Which author appears twice. I must be missing it.

message 3: by Bennet (new)

Bennet | 15 comments Mark Wilson. He appears as the last author of the truncated list, and is the first author added on the expanded list, so he is on either side of the cut. I'm still seeing it, could it possibly be a browser issue? I'm running Firefox 3.5.10.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 158 comments I'm seeing that too, running Firefox 3.6.8

message 5: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments I deleted him and added him back and it looks like that solved it. Does it to you?

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22702 comments I noticed that on a different book yesterday. Went in to fix it but it was listed only once.

Sorry don't remember what bk it was now. I'm also running Firefox, possibly the same as Chris. I'll keep an eye out for it happening again & try your fix Melody.

message 7: by Bennet (new)

Bennet | 15 comments It solved for Mark Wilson, but now the next author on the list, Jeff Fair, is doing the same thing.

Melody- Were you able to see Mark Wilson's name showing up twice before you deleted and re-added? I just want to make sure that my description of the problem was accurate.

message 8: by Melody (last edited Sep 04, 2010 07:51AM) (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments I did. I have no idea why though. And you're right - it doesn't show up on the edit page. You should post this in the feedback group as a possible bug. The repeating author is the last one before "more" appears.

message 9: by Bennet (new)

Bennet | 15 comments I'll do that. Thanks for your help Melody, Chris and Sandra!

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22702 comments So, if it's just moved to the next author, Melody's fix won't work. *darn*.