Jane Austen discussion

Discussion - Persuasion 2010 > Comments on the side

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 1473 comments Mod
Hey, all, I just wanted to say I am out of town for the Labor Day weekend, so won't be joining in the discussion probably until after -- but I will be sure to jump back in next week. I am really enjoying it.

message 2: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

Trivia Question?

This actually comes from what will be our Part Three in discussion here, but I wanted those interested to look out for it, because actually I may have missed it earlier in the book.

There is mention of Musgrove sons that made me think there may have been more sons than Charles and Poor Richard. I may have read it wrong, but look out for that if you are a trivia buff at all.

If you find an answer, be sure to mark it with **SPOILER** if it gives details later in the book, which is probably not likely though. Have fun!

message 3: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum Do we tell you where we find the answer? Or just answer and you take us at our word?

message 4: by SarahC, Austen Votary & Mods' Asst. (new)

If you find it and remember where, please tell, because you may stir up some curiosity!

message 5: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum I don't have the exact page number, but the senior Musgroves have to be back home for Christmas because the little brothers and sisters of Louisa will be home from school. I remember thinking that they must have had a large family, and, later, when Anne and Lady Russell have dropped by to call on them, Anne enjoys the bustle and Lady Russell does not! (I haven't checked this in my book, so I hope I'm not wrong!)