SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Challenge: BookShelf Bingo > BookShelf BINGO: How to Get Started, Get Playin' & Get Winnin'

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited May 15, 2014 12:53PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Getting Started

* First things first: Teams! Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned to a team. One person on the team will need to be the team captain. (Team captains may be chosen by the members of the group or randomly assigned, it's up to the group.) The need for a captain is purely so that I can have one person for each team as my go-to person for any questions. Once teams are chosen, each team will be given a team thread @ SOS to track their progress.

* What will fill the card? Well, we will be playing Book Shelf BINGO, so shelves (AKA tags) will be assigned to each team to fill their "team card".

* I will randomly choose 24 Goodreads' shelves or categories that fit our group's theme of PNR & UF series books. (IE: 'PNR', 'werewolf', 'vampire', etc) Each shelf will have a minimum of 1,000 books for players to choose from each week.

* Those 24 shelf names will be put into a randomizer, then assigned to each box on a BINGO card.

* After the shelves have been chosen, a team BINGO card will be created and the image will be posted at the top of your team thread for quick reference. A link to the team's card will be provided as well.

* Rules on how to get credit for the FREE SPACE can be found here.

message 2: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited May 15, 2014 12:55PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments How to Play

* At this point, each team has their BINGO card and is ready to start.

* Once a week, a shelf name will be posted. (The shelf will be chosen using a randomizer.) No shelf will be used more than once. Once it's posted, it will be removed from the list.

* When the shelf name is posted each week, each member on each team must pick one book from the shelf to read. Each team member must read one book from that shelf. Teams may choose to read the same book or each team member can read a different book. However, each member will be responsible for reading, rating & reviewing the book they read each week, even if the entire team reads the same book.

Example: Shelf "vampire" is posted. All team members must go to GR's vampire shelf and pick 1 book to read from those listed there. After you've read your chosen book, post your read date, rating (1-5★) and review on your team thread. Be sure to state which shelf you read for, along with your rating and review. Once all members of your team have read, rated and reviewed a book from that shelf, your team will get a "stamp" in that box.

* In order for a team to get credit for a box (or "stamp" in that square), each book read must be listed on the appropriate shelf and each team member must post their read date, rating and review on your team thread.

* There is no time limit. If you do not complete your book for in one week, you may continue reading until finished. But, remember ... your team will not get credit for the shelf until your rating and review are posted on the team thread.

* The challenge will continue until one team gets BINGO.

message 3: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Dec 18, 2016 11:51AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments How To Win
The first team to read, rate & review books from the shelves posted and get 5 stamps in a row on their card wins.

B-I-N-G-O is achieved by:
(1) Each member of a team read a book found on the shelf and posted their read date, rating and review allowing the team to receive a stamp
(2) The stamped shelves result in "5 in a row", either horizontal, vertical or diagonal -OR- matches the round's specific winning pattern

The first team to accomplish that WINS!

message 4: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Jun 13, 2012 09:10PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Hopefully you've stuck with me through all the fine print and are not only still interested, but excited and ready to rock & roll!

Got Questions? Pop over to the FAQ page to get those answers.

message 5: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited May 15, 2014 01:00PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Rules for Free Space Credit can be found here .

message 6: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Dec 18, 2016 11:51AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28164 comments Just a few things before we get started ...

◊ QUESTIONS - If you have any questions throughout the game, please do not hesitate to ask. Please post all questions on the Q&A page .

◊ FREE SPACE - Rules found here .

◊ RATING & REVIEW - Your review doesn't have to be Pulitzer prize winning. You only need to state a bit more than "I loved it" or "It sucked". Just a few words about what you liked, will you read (or continue to read) the rest of the series?, etc. Don't forget your 1-5★ rating, as well. Each member of the team must post a rating & review for each book they've chosen in order for the team to get credit for that shelf space.

◊ BINGO CARDS - Each team's bingo card will be posted to their team thread. If you would like to print a copy of the card and need assistance, please send me a message and I'll help you.

◊ MEMBER CHECK-IN - Each player must check-in a minimum of once a week following the shelf announcement. Individual team members who fall 3 books behind will be removed from the challenge. Let your teammates know which book you will be reading. We are understanding of RL issues that may arise throughout the game keeping you from posting, however this is a TEAM challenge and it's more fun when all members participate and communicate often.

◊ HAVE FUN! :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.