Chick Lit discussion

Reading Groups?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:27PM) (new)

Ashley Do y'all ever read the same books at the same time like an online book club?

message 2: by Denise (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:28PM) (new)

Denise | 29 comments Mod
We tried it in August with Jody Picoult's Salem Falls with lukewarm results...I know it was a rough month for me, with moving house and my dd starting kindergarten...I'd love to try it again!

message 3: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:28PM) (new)

Julie (jooliaaah) i read salem falls and enjoyed what conversation we did have about it. i really enjoyed the book itself and would be interested in reading one with this group again. i'm starting water for elephants with another online book club, here on goodreads. congrats denise on your new little kinder!

message 4: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:28PM) (new)

Jessica (jessmorgan03) | 15 comments I would be interested in doing it as well. I joined too late to read Salem Falls. :)

message 5: by Brooke (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Brooke I would be interested too

message 6: by Kate (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Kate Squires (fangrrl) i could be up for that :)

message 7: by Bridget (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Bridget I'm interested, but I dont care for Jodi Picoult...so I'm waiting to hear of a new book people chose!

message 8: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Julie (jooliaaah) i just bought garden spells by sarah addison allen. i don't know that its a typical chick lit book but it looks good to me! any other suggestions? i'm open.

message 9: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Ashley I was just about to start Jane Green's new one "Second Chance"...

I am not a very good book group leader, is any one else up for leading...?

message 10: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Jessica (jessmorgan03) | 15 comments I am not sure what everyone has read but surely we could find a good one. I haven't read any Jane Green books, not sure if Second Chance is part of a series...if not I would be willing to read that one! :)

message 11: by Brooke (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Brooke I'd read Second Chance. Jane Green's other books are good. I'd be a leader too but I have no idea how to lead a book club.

message 12: by Eeva (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Eeva I would be interested too to read something. I like Jane Green and haven't read Second chance yet.

message 13: by Jodie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Jodie (jodiemill) I'm up for it. I've read Jane Green's books, but not Second Chance. I've also never lead a book group - so wouldn't know the first thing about doing that. I'm at the library now so I'll get it out & start reading it & if everyone decides on this one, I'll be ahead of the game. :)

message 14: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:32PM) (new)

Ashley Second Chance isn't part of a series... I have started reading it a little, but if someone wants to take the lead (I'm not sure how to do it either, whether we just read to a certain point and then discuss it or what?)

message 15: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Jessica (jessmorgan03) | 15 comments Well since everyone is willing to read Jane Green's Second Chance...why don't we do it? I have no idea how to lead a book club either. From what I've seen, we would all read up until a certain point and then discuss. I have seen leaders ask questions that the other members answer from their opinion. Not sure how hard it would be to come up with questions though?

message 16: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Jessica (jessmorgan03) | 15 comments Here's another idea--what if the leader created their own group so we could easily find the discussions? Just a thought.

message 17: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Julie (jooliaaah) i love jane green and haven't read second chance so i'm in! however you all want to work discussions is fine with me. do we have a timeline yet? i am just starting water for elephants for another group but will be done with that in less than two weeks.

message 18: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:34PM) (new)

Jessica (jessmorgan03) | 15 comments Ok I found a website that offers reader questions for book clubs, I found one on Jane Green's Second Chance so if everyone is serious about reading this book and someone wants to be the leader, let me know and I will send you the link. :) This will be fun!

message 19: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:35PM) (new)

Ashley Ok, well, I am new at leading, but I will give it a shot. Jessica, if you could send me the link, that would be great... I will set up another group for this book, and we'll all learn together, sound good? I guess for right now, those that already have the book and are dying to start reading (I must confess I've already started it :) ), why don't we start with the first 5 chapters and I will look over that link Jessica has and let you know the "deadline" to read those 5.

message 20: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:35PM) (new)

Ashley Hi all, I just made the group and it's called "Second Chance", under Books & Literature and Literature & Fiction... I set it to private (wasn't sure what to put it under), only because I thought that way our discussions would remain unseen to others... If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. I was able to invite Denise and Brooke because they are on my friends list, but unsure of how to add anyone else. Let me know if you can't search and find it in the groups! Can't wait to get started!

message 21: by Eeva (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:35PM) (new)

Eeva Cool!! Now I just need to get the book ;)

message 22: by Denise (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:36PM) (new)

Denise | 29 comments Mod
Thanks, Ashley! I didn't get the invite to the Jane Green group but found it & requested to join it :) Talk with y'all soon!

message 23: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:36PM) (new)

Heather G | 1 comments I'd like to join too! I'm going to search for the Jane Green group and see if I can add it. In the meantime, if you can invite me, that would be very awesome!
ETA: Found it and asked to be added!

message 24: by Jodie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:37PM) (new)

Jodie (jodiemill) Ashley, I tried to join the Second Chance group, but i haven't been accepted yet. Did I do something wrong? Please let me know.