YA Must-Reads discussion

What to do... > Writers block! Go away!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 363 comments Mod
How does one get rid of writers block? My advice would be to listen to music while you write or the ever fun run around in a circle! =^)

message 2: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments In gail Carson Levine's book Writing magic, she suggests that people ick up a piece of paper and just start writing down all the ideas you have, even the stupid ones. Eventually your brain will come up with something interesting.

message 3: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Well, that's a new one that I haven't heard! I'll try that next time.

miss. caitlin grace (yellow_grace) | 4 comments see i find listening to music helps me write but when i get writers block i cant use music to solve it and i cant realy run around during class :( so ill have to try jotting down ideas next time thanks.

message 5: by Kimberlee (new)

Kimberlee Franco (cheergurl_kim) | 12 comments i think random thoughts untill something sounds interesting to write about

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i write random things down kinda like a mini journal for a week, and then i read through it, and see if any thing good popped up through the week.

miss. caitlin grace (yellow_grace) | 4 comments that sounds good too :)

message 8: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
i have writers block right now for my one story so im hoping to just wait it out

message 9: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

If you erase that story then there will be trouble to pay! Did you try any of the others ideas???

message 10: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments It does work, pretty well, it get's me through writer's block. Unfourtunatly boredom tends to kill them faster for me.

message 11: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) keep a journal, write in it daily, even if it's the junkiest, crappiest bit of nonsense, embarrassing, gross, whatever. u'll go back later and realize you've got several things to paint on that canvas. since its ur journal (and nobody knows what ur writing in it) you can pick through it and do whatever you want with it. 'fictionalize' it if you must, change the names of people u've written about. so many things you can do...but please don't get me wrong i get writer's block too but this seems to work sometimes

message 12: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

I just write a new story when I have writers block, but mostly so I don't forget the idea.

message 13: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) i think about events that have happened throughout the day that have been intriguing, and then add my own little touches to them to make a good story.

message 14: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Ooooh, thats a good one!