[asmb] Book Club discussion

Book Chat - General > This site needs a report spoiler button on reviews.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary (med401) | 234 comments I'm getting really tired of going to check out a book and reading a review and boom.....There's the end of the book just sitting there in the middle of someone's review. Unmarked as a spoiler.

I've also seen major character deaths, who the bad guy is, who ends up with who couplewise, etc. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to stop reading reviews here altogether. Which makes me sad because that's one of the things I really like about this site. I can get opinions on a book before I decide to pick it up.

I'm just really don't know what to do about this. I can't go around and write comments on every review with a unmarked spoiler without seeming like a total nag. But damn, were these people born in a barn or what? No manners.

/rant

In a more rational vein, is there a suggestion place anywhere here? I'd love to suggest to Goodreads that they add a report spoiler button. In a much nicer way than I phrased it here of course. It really would help future review readers. Just because I got it spoiled for me doesn't mean everyone after me has to.

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith (oafaye) | 60 comments This is why I don't read reviews, like...ever

Also because I don't really care about other people opinions >.>

message 3: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (last edited Sep 03, 2010 08:56AM) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) | 703 comments Mod
That is very annoying. It's... uhg, you can mark a review as having spoilers in it so I just don't get why people don't use it.

You can make the suggestion that they get a spoiler tag or something similar to what's on the boards in this group:

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

There's a Suggestions & Questions folder where you can make the thread about it. You might search for a thread about it already, but I don't think I've seen anything recent anyways.

Actually, here's a thread with something sort of similar:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

They are asking for it in the comments, but I believe it would be available in both the comments and reviews. You could ask in the thread if that's what Otis (second guy that replied, builds stuff on the site) meant.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (med401) | 234 comments Thanks, I hadn't looked around the site enough to know those places even existed. I spend enough time here on the club and looking up books.

message 5: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) | 703 comments Mod
No problem.

It's really easy to forget there's that this is a huge site with a lot to offer. It wasn't for a while before I really started exploring all the parts of the sites and what it's got to offer.