Project Gutenberg Project (& Challenge!) discussion

Off-topic madness > Hello from Italy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Serge. Great idea for a group.

I have done a lot of work for Project Gutenberg, but have been on a "sabbatical" (in other words, finally got my eyeglasses sorted out and have been catching up on my reading!)

Don't forget Distributed Proofreaders, where anyone can volunteer their time to help produce these valuable works: http://www.pgdp.net/c/

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Ciao Hayes!*

Great to hear you and thank you for joining! All merit for the idea goes to Dria, actually, but as she isn't on Goodreads (to the best of my knowledge), and as she didn't mind if I spread the idea a bit further, well, here we are...

I still need to sort things out myself, actually: I admit preferring paper books to ebooks, but having daily commutes and a new mobile device that allows for good reading, PGP is also a good challenge for me to rediscover some great reading in electronic format.

Thank you for the heads-up in Distributed Proofreaders: it's a very important complement to Project Gutenberg, indeed, and I'd love to add something about it, when time permits. If you do have time and would like to do it, please, do not hesitate to add something to the group! But don't feel obliged: I'll get to it, eventually, I promise!

Completely off-topic: Did you manage the transition from NYC to Rome well? I'm just curious because, being myself son of "abroad Swiss", I've always being fascinated by such cultural changes/enrichments in one's life.

*I'm from the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland, actually, even if my name does not make this apparent :)