Dementia - Reading Challenges discussion

Randomness > Chat

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 02, 2010 01:56AM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 532 comments Mod
Feel free to talk here.
I'll add more challenges as more people come into the group. For now I've just kind of stolen challenges from another group I'm running.

Also, if you have ideas that might work for a challenge then feel free to send me a message through the e-mail system here.

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela B Thanks for the invite!

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 2 comments Excited for all the challenges!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too!

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thanks for coming, Ginny and Kate!

This will be so much fun!

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) this sounds cool :D thanks for the invite Zakiya

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) No problem, both Heather and Amy! Glad y'all are here. Amy, cools. Looking forward to what you have! :D

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 2 comments Well of course I joined! Thanks for the invite Z!

message 9: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) No problem, Kate! :P

message 10: by Heather (last edited Sep 02, 2010 08:01PM) (new)

Hi guys! Thanks for joining.

Zakiya, thanks for inviting people. I didn't invite too many since most of my friends are in my Delerity group and I stole a lot of the challenges from there. I keep wanting to add challenges to it, but everyone is reading for points and a chance for a prize so I can't add too many and make it impossible for the average reader to even have a chance. I figured if I set up a different group that was just for fun I wouldn't get bored as quickly. =) I guess if I slowed down on reading I wouldn't get bored as quickly either...

message 11: by Heather (new)

I'll slowly set up a help section. I'll work on the state challenge first and then add Crayola and countries afterwards. If you come across ideas try and write them down until I get the other threads posted, or e-mail me.

message 12: by Heather (new)

So I know it's a bit late in the week for asking, but how did everyone's Labor Day go?

message 13: by Heather (new)

If you guys want, as you finish a book that works for a challenge you can just type 3 or 8 completed or whatever the numbers may be. That way people can know that you're making progress. It's hard in a group like this when you're just updating a lot so it looks like no one's completing anything.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll make a mental note on that.

message 15: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Same here :)

message 16: by Heather (new)

We need a good group photo. Any suggestions? I just havent' found anythign that stands out.

message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela B I love the monkey...other then that I have no idea

message 18: by Heather (last edited Sep 24, 2010 10:46PM) (new)

I could always use Italics and War and Peace. It's book related. Part of me just wants to put a cute guy up, but I don't want to deter guys from joining. In Delirity I put a True Blood pic up and I got 20 new members in a day. It really matters apparently.

message 19: by Heather (last edited Sep 25, 2010 12:36PM) (new)

I'm going to pick two books for October since the month is almost here and I just decided to add a voluntary group read and there's no time to vote. I'll open up November for voting.
I'm picking the newest released books of a series(one comes out on Tuesday, the other Friday.) If you've read the series and want to read the new ones, feel free to participate. If you haven't started the series, or are somewhere in the middle, then just read the next book in line. If that makes sense...

If you guys want to participate, but need more time we can adjust to that as well. I went with PNR since a lot of you seem to like the genre, but we can do whatever we want for future months.

message 20: by Heather (new)

I got both of our group read books today. I can't wait to get to them. I'm struggling to get into Follett because I keep seeing them out of the corner of my eye and I want to pick them up too.

message 21: by Heather (new)

Haha. I was watching The Graham Norton Show the other day and Lily Allen was on. I didn't realize that she's the one that sang Smile. Anyway, she sang a song called Not Fair. I started busting up when she was talking about it. She wrote it about a guy she dated that was perfect in every way, except he sucked in bed. She said she played it for him, but he was too dense to realize she was talking about him.
She also has a song called F*** You. I think she's a new favorite for me. =)

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) i love lily allen! my fav song of hers is who'd a known

message 23: by Heather (new)

I'll be giving away my copy of Bright Young Things (Bright Young Things, #1) by Anna Godbersen . Click here to find out more.

I'll probably do this every 2-3 months.

message 24: by Heather (new)

Does anyone want to make up a monthly challenge for next year? Let me know if you're interested.

message 25: by Heather (new)

Anyone else feel the need for a vacation?

message 26: by Heather (new)

I take it you play an instrument? Good luck. School always seems that way, but when you're out it seems like life was easier. Stress out because it's normal, but don't stress so much you'll drive yourself crazy.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll take your advice to heart. Thank you for hearing me out, Heather.
And I play piano.

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) ooooo i play piano too! good luck on ur piece!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks =)

message 30: by Heather (new)

I think I played everything but the piano. I can play the melody, but I can't read two lines of music at once. I would learn an instrument, move up to 1st chair and then get bored and pick a new one so I went from flute to clarinet to sax to trumpet to oboe to...I just kept going.

message 31: by Heather (new)

Merry Christmas for those that celebrate.

message 32: by Heather (new)

Happy New Years guys.

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) you too!

message 34: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) Hi everybody! Thanks for the invite Heather.

message 35: by Heather (new)

Hi Carrie!

message 36: by Heather (new)

Hey guys, since no one is really reading the group reads I'm just not going to post them for a while.

message 37: by Heather (new)

There's a new challenge set up under Title challenges. It's the IPod challenge. Feel free to join.

message 38: by Heather (new)

Hi Ashe!

message 39: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 13 comments Will there be a September challenge? :O

message 40: by Heather (new)

Sure. I've been slammed with work and planning a trip to Europe so I haven't exactly been checking in here like I should. I have tomorrow off so I'll try and come up with something unless you have an idea already.