Calling all Demigods! discussion

Campus Roleplay > Memory Hall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 287 (287 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Maggie, Gaea shall smite you all. (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 1674 comments Mod
Here, in this Memory Hall set up by Athena campers to commemorate lost campers, heroes, and friends, campers come to mourn, hope, and fantasize. Pictures, sketches, and paintings of demigods battling fierce opponents cover the walls. Past treasures, gifts, and mementoes litter the hall from past Quests, previously housed in the Attic.
RP here:

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Jasmine strolled down the hall with a thoughtful, brooding air about her, gazing at all the treasures and tributes to those who had passed away. She really had no personal reason to come here, but the hall was remarkable nonetheless.

message 3: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

. (onawhim) | 17465 comments Mod
"Sad, isn't it?" Ajax remarked quietly. He'd just entered the hall and his voice echoed strangely around the walls.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Julianne walked in with a confident stride. How many children of Nike are remembered here? she thought.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 13, 2010 06:10PM) (new)

Someone else would have probably jumped, or at least been startled, but Jasmine kept her quiet composure. Regarding the newcomer she noticed to be the son of Nemesis with shadowed green eyes, she merely nodded. This wasn't odd, though, everyone knew how hard it was to get her to talk.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Julianne looked at a painting, silently.

message 7: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"Somehow I find it easier to think in here. And usually my problems seem like nothing compared to what these people went through," Ajax said, thoughtfully brandishing his arm at the display of objects and photographs.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"I know the feeling." Well, well, well, Jasmine had said something. Even with her voice low and quiet, it still sounded off the walls with a kind of hollowness.

message 9: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"I guess most of us do," Ajax said with a rather elegant shrug of his shoulders. "You ever been on a quest?" he asked, brow creasing as he gave the girl he only vaguely realized as Jasmine from the Demeter cabin-- so many children of that goddess were named after plants or flowers-- a once over.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"Once." Jasmine felt eyes on her but was unphased; she had been given the once-over pretty often. She hadn't expected the question, and it only brought back a few, vauge memories.

message 11: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"Not much your thing, huh," Ajax said carefully. It was more of a statement than a question; he could relate quite well to this girl.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Jasmine nodded. The excitement or danger wasn't her style, and neither was the honour of succeeding. "You've been on a few," she recalled.

message 13: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"I have," Ajax said simply. "Not really my thing, either, but someone has to do it."

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Jasmine nodded, coming across one of the recent tributes to the memory hall. It was for one of the Huntresses, whom, she couldn't remember.

message 15: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"Odette," Ajax nodded at the pretty picture of the strong-stemmed yellow lily. "Known her as long as I've been in camp, I did."

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"The lietuenant(Spe?)," Jasmine said quietly, wincing inwardly at the way her rarely heard, velvety voice reverberated around the hall.

message 17: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 34142 comments Mod
((lieutenant*))

message 18: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"Yep," Ajax said bitterly, looking around at the rest of the objects. No way would he burst into an angry rant with someone he barely knew. "At least the heroes cured the disease," he said quietly. "They'll be coming back any moment."
That's both a very good thing and a very bad thing.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

As if she even was talking much at all, Jasmine suddenly fell very silent. For one of those heroes was supposedly not coming back. And that happened to be her less-than-pleasant sister, to put it nicely, Deitra.

message 20: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"Glad I didn't go on that quest," Ajax muttered darkly, running a hand through his dark hair and making it stand on end. "What with three of the most obnoxious tools in camp on it."

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

"A set up for disaster," Jasmine remarked, shaking her head. What on earth made the gods think those three could do it?

message 22: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"Well, clearly they managed it... somehow," Ajax said somwhat doubtfully.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"Somehow," Jasmine repeated, a faint tinge of cynism in her voice. They had managed it all right, after some of the Hunt's girls had been lost.

message 24: by ., Goddess of Bacon (new)

"Anyway. I'd love to stay and talk about our heroes' complete INEPTITUDE--" the British accent placed a rather ridiculous amount of strain on the word-- "but I've got to go to aerial combat trainig. Nice talking to you, Jasmine."
Ajax grinned down at her, though it was slightly forced. How did you manage to fall for him, Holly? Of all people, Caspar?!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Jasmine arched her brows with a faint smirk in a most subtle expression of amusement. "You too, Ajax." With that said and done, she continued her stroll down the hall.

message 26: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 11750 comments Mod
Nat wandered down the hall, she had cleaned up in her cabin but stress had taken over her. Bruise-black encircled her lower eyes, and her expression was destressed and worried. Her normally bright, clear blue eyes were fogged and droopy. Even her posture was deflated, like she had be defeated. Looking at all the heroes her fingers gossamered over each sketch line, not touching it.

message 27: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

(( ISSOOO))

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments ((I'm coming. Shhh.))
Peter wandered in, eyes dark and expression unusually solemn. He walked up next to Nat, murmuring some form of a greeting.

message 29: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

((yay!))
Nat glanced at Peter, lowering her hand to her side. "Hi." She muttered solemly.

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments "You know any of these people?" he asked, motioning to the memoirs.

message 31: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

Nat hesitated. "Posiden's my father, soI know him. But the hereoes? No. You?" She replied. Her tone was prominent, weariness sensed in hervoice. It was tired but also greatfull that something was taking life off her mind.

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments "Only a few, and only vaguely."

message 33: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

"You know their legends? Or did you meet them?" Nat asked.

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments "A mixture of both."

message 35: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

((SORRY!!! I fell asleep.))

"Oh. You've been at camp long?" She asked.

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments "Mhm. Most of my life." Peter's expression seemed to darken slightly. "And you?l

message 37: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

"3 years. But it seems like so much longer." Nat sighed.

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments "Yeah, time passes slowly here, huh."

message 39: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

"Yeah. But also it's a lot more fun here than back home." She said and hesitated. "Well it was." She whispered underher breath as an after thought.

((She's talking bout eddy dying for a year if ya didn notice0)

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments ((^-^ Does she go home after summer?))
Peter nodded. "Abd generally safer."

message 41: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

((She goes home for like a month not the whole school year, but then comes back))

"Yeah, you got what at least a hundred to-be warriors here." Nat said with a humorless laugh.

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments ((Khaaaay.))
Peter chuckled. "Yeah, it gets dangerous."

message 43: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

"Yep." Nat said, resentfully.

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments He detected her resent and smiled. "Had to learn that the hard way, did you?"

message 45: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

"Well I learned it, but someone else was the one who got hurt." Nat tries to keep the biterness out of her voice. As hard as she tried she couldn't mirror his smile. She could barely sound normal.

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments "Care to elaborate?" he asked gently.

message 47: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

Nat shrugged. "Edwin, son of Hades. Someone strangled him with a whip, he's in coma." She informed him. Keeping her eyes at the ground, she ran a hand through the side of her hair. She didn't have any tears left, but she was still afraid of them.

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments Peter raised his eyebrows. "Wow."

message 49: by Kat, Goddess of Dramatic Exits and Strawberry Yogurt (new)

((He raped his eyebrows. XD))

"Yeah." Nat whispered, and suddenly she looked up at him. "Wow is right."

Isobel *The Goddess of Annoyance* (goddess_of_annoyance) | 13860 comments ((^~^))
Peter fell silent, still gazing at the works of art.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6