YA Must-Reads discussion

Fun Stuff/Games!! > Chatting to Third

Comments Showing 1-50 of 209 (209 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 363 comments Mod
Tori posts the topic "Chatting to Third" in the group YA Must-Reads stating that everyone can only talk third person. She found it fun and enjoyable.

message 2: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments Lyla stares at the topic for a little while before realizing that she should probably look at the post before trying to guess what it's about. When she does, she feels like an imbecile because she didn't think of this idea.

message 3: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori reads over Lyla's post and begins to laugh. She knows that she shouldn't, but she can't help it!

message 4: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments Lyla offically thinks that Tori is mean, but can't help snickering behind her hand anyway.

message 5: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori does not know what to make of Lyla's comment. Still, she takes her "snickering" as a good thing. We need to get more members...She thinks to herself.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Destani thinks this is strange... Which is why she LOVES IT!!! :D

message 7: by Kimberlee (new)

Kimberlee Franco (cheergurl_kim) | 12 comments Kimberlee thinks this conversation is strange and funny......but she likes convos like that!!!

message 8: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori wonders why her friends Catholic school takes off on a Jewish holiday...

message 9: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Patti tells Tori that she can't help what her school does. She also says she might go to public school next year.

message 10: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori applauds that and wishes to tell her that some of her friends found Patti to be good and interesting.
"Patti, they say that you're welcome whenever!" she yells to her friend.

message 11: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments Lyla loves public school! It's her first year and she's found very few things bad about it, except the bathrooms which are treated with a little less refinement than her private school. She strongly suggests that Patti go to public school because it is much more fun.

message 12: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

"hah! See, Patti? I'm not the only one whom loves the change!" tori laughs to her friend. As she writes this she thinks to herself: Change... Change is good.

message 13: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Patti unfortunately tells tori and lyla that she likes high school now. Except for the part about being mobbed at the end of the school day trying to get to her locker.

message 14: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori shrugs. "Whatever, Patti."

message 15: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Patti tells tori to make jewelry so they can make money at the christmas bazaar.

message 16: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori replies, "Watever." without really paying attention since she is captivated by the book Halo.

message 17: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments ... Camilla thinks that this is weird! And she wants everyone to know that my name is Lola Kahn ... her alter ego.

message 18: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla had a massive migraine yesterday and nothing took it away...that was, of course, until Camilla grabbed a bottle of the most disgusting raspberry wine and drank about 2/3. Then the headache went away and Camilla felt better. Then she laughed at her self for hitting her ankle somehow on a bench and almost peed her pants!

message 19: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Haha... Because no meds work for Camilla when she gets one of her migraines. The doctors told her that her headaches are to her what migraines are to others. And that her migraines are among the worst they've seen! But she has found that booze helps! Well, at least a crappy tasting wine! Now she is going to go down stairs and put up the Christmas tree!!!

message 20: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla think that Mistye is funny. She laughed at the words written just above. Camilla also still thinks that this is very strange.

Oh, and she has yet to still put up the tree...she tends to be a procrastinator!

message 21: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Alice agrees with Camille, but still think this is funny and new. Alice should be doing homework now and should stop reading. However, she keeps reading. :)

message 22: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla wants to know what the audition was for Stef. Tell Camilla how you popped your knee!!!!

message 23: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (last edited Dec 01, 2010 05:26PM) (new)

As Tori reads over all of the new entries she cringes when Stef had told of her popped knee. Tori feels her pain now and cannot stop shivering. As for the topic "Chatting to Third," Tori tells everyone: "As writers, we write many stories about certain characters. This is your chance to make yourself the character, this is your story. Enjoy this little gift to you. Do with it what you will." Due to her speech, Tori feels somewhat smarter. However, her eyes linger to her photo... It seems a bit...intimidating than my previous wolf... she thinks.

message 24: by Camilla (last edited Dec 02, 2010 06:49AM) (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla's unexpected laugh startles her. But she cannot help it after reading what Stef had written. She, too, applauds Tori and her little speech! It was a great and inspiring one. Camilla then remembers her question towards Stef and shakes her head and sighs. It is a little-no, a LOT-ironic that Stef gets a call-back for dance!!!, she thinks to herself. But, Camilla cannot stay on goodreads today. Maybe later today, but not right now. She is eager to finish the Hero marathon she started yesterday! Then she must put off the Christmas Tree ordeal no longer. Wish her luck!

message 25: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori does just that, Good Luck!!!! Then she turns to Stef and says, "Don't worry, you'll get use to it." She says this with a big smile.

message 26: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Alice nods. ''That happened to me when I lost mine.'' She remembers the time when she left them at the restaurant. Her mom went crazy when she heard the news.

message 27: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) ''Do you mean the invisible? Yeah, me too.''

message 28: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori agrees, for she has one too. She remembers the time when she thought she threw it out in the lunch trash and tried to fish through it to find it. Even though it was in her pocket... "Ahh memories..."

message 29: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla literally laughs out loud at Tori's absentmindedness! Thinking and saying the word 'literally,' makes Camilla want to be British!

message 30: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Alice smiles at Mistye's comment and nods. ''That's true.''
She is so nervous because tomorrow she have to dance at a show. Oh God, why did I signed up? she thinks.

message 31: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla is SO glad that Mistye thinks of her as a friend! She jumps for joy!
Camilla shouts, "GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SHOW, ALICE!!!!!!"

message 32: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla says to Stef, "You need sleep!" Camilla now will go pee and then read ... the read and read... then to bed! "Goodnight all!" She says!

message 33: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) Rebecca agrees with Camilla's plan and will be doing the same after she's done on goodreads and facebook.

message 34: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla apologizes to Stef. She didn't know. It was late, and she just thought that Stef might have been tired! Camilla finally got the Christmas tree put up!!! "Tis the season," she says.

message 35: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Stef wrote: "Stef doesnt mind. She looks at her empty starbucks cup and sighs. i will never get a large again... Major hyperness then crash.. she thinks, tossing out the cup. Stef looks in her living room and w..."

Tor remembers a lot of Stef's crashes vividly well. She sighs, When will you learn, Stef? =^)

message 36: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments With a big grin on her face, Camilla is listening to Straight No Chaser and making a Christmas wish list of books! Her mother is in for a treat. She asked for it!

message 37: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) 'Omigod. Thanks, guys. We won!' Alice makes a small dance and smiles.
She goes back to do some literature homework about Mark Twain meanwhile hoping the books she ordered for her birthday will finally arrive today. Sigh.

message 38: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla exclaims, "Holy Tacos!!!" She started to read Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead last night around 9 and just finished it. With all the necessary breaks throughout the day of course! She loved the book. Camilla recommends the Vampire Academy series to anyone who has not yet read the books! Now she is TIRED and ready for bed because it is 2 in the A.M. and she is pooped!

message 39: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Alice makes a little dance. ''I bet is was gooooood!'' She can't wait to read it. Yesterday she received finally her package, and got The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (Mortal Instruments, #1-3) by Cassandra Clare & The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins & Georgiana Duchess of Devonshire  by Amanda Foreman & Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison & last but not least: Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks .
She has books worth a month at least.

message 40: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments "WHA!" Exclaimed Camilla. She agrees with Alice that she has a month worth of books. Well, maybe half a moth. She thinks.

'Sing Me To Sleep' is one of Camilla's favorites.

Camilla says, "Good luck with all of those AlIce! And let me know how you like them!"

message 41: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Patti is jealous of Camilla for having Last Sacrifice and Alice for having that many books. Patti asks Camilla if she is team Adrian or Dimitri. Patti is team Adrian.

message 42: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Camilla can't help but laugh at Patti's comment! Camilla says, "I love both guys. At first I was all Dimitri, and as I read on in the series, Adrian grew on me. I cannot just pick one!" Camilla thinks There better be a great love for Adrian in the next series!!! Camilla wants to know if Patti has read Last Sacrifice and if so what she thought.

message 43: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) ''Gee, I am jealous because Camilla have Last Sacrifice!'' says Alice and nods, thinking that maybe the books are worth only half month.
Alice thinks she likes both, specially Dimitri. However she adores Christian.

message 44: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) ''Oh, sorry!'' Alice says, a little chargrined. ''Though it is just the characters.''

message 45: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori sighs, and virtually wipes Stef's tears with a soft smile. "Don't make my Stef cry!" She yells to everyone, but isn't seriously mean.
She is shocked beyond belief to see Patti on this discussion, for Tori recalls her saying that she saw no point in this. That or it was stupid. It was definitely one of them...she thinks.

message 46: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
"I don't have the Last Sacrifice, but I'm willing to trade Tori for it. Thats how bad I NEED it. I finished Spirit Bound in a day. It's one of my favorite series," says Patti. Patti also asks Camilla, "Does it live up to expectations?"

message 47: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

She hugs stef back, "You should visit!" Then, looking over Patti's little comment she angrily yells, "GEE< THAAAAAAAAAAAANKS! What happened to friendship first????" Then she leans back on her couch and laughs. Well, that's her Patti for her.

message 48: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?" Tori is so utterly confused.

message 49: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Tori gives a sad, little timid face as she looks away innocently. "....I did...."

message 50: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

"Ohhhhhhhhh..... I still don't get it, but ok." She smiles big.

« previous 1 3 4 5