YA Must-Reads discussion

Welcome > Introductions!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 149 (149 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (last edited Sep 01, 2010 11:32AM) (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 363 comments Mod
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome, everyone to YA Must-Reads, where you are now a Must-Reader! Congratulations! Now we would like you know a little something about yourself.
Name:
Favorite Book(s):
Favorite Author(s):
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you:
Why you like/love to read:
Favorite Genre:
Favorite song:
Fav color:
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional):

message 2: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (last edited Sep 01, 2010 11:34AM) (new)

WAHOOOOOOO! I'll go first! =^)
Name: Tori
Favorite Book(s): Currently The Eternal Ones
Favorite Author(s): Melissa De La Cruz, Cassandra Clare, Kimberly Derting...Etc
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: A large cut randomly appeared on my arm! Out of nowhere! I didn't know I had it until someone told me it looked nasty.
Why you like/love to read: It helps me escape into an unexplored world, or just cuz it like Tv in your head. Many of those shows are just so funny =^)
Favorite Genre: Young Adult
Favorite song: Well, I have Even Angels Fall by Jessica Riddle stuck in my head right now
Fav color: Blue!
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): Just cuz lol

message 3: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments Name: Lyla
Favorite Book(s): The entire Queen's Thief series, but most of all King of Attolia by... uh...
Favorite Author: Gail Carson Levine!
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: I bought a brand new book from Amazon, so excited to read it, and ended up finding out that the last twenty or som pages were completely gone...
Why you like/love to read: Uh... becase I like/love to write.
Favorite Genre: Fiction. Any kind is fine.
Favorite song: Hero by Enrique Eglasius (sp?)
Fav color: Teal
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): Because I am probably the most random and hyper person you will ever meet on the planet.

message 4: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Welcome Lyla! That really is weird. I guess I'll stick to bookstores from now on lol. =^)

message 5: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Name: Patti
Fav Book: Dont have one. But I really like Vampire Academy!
Weirdest thing: Uh a lot of stuff i dont wanna mention...
Why you love to read: its good to escape from your own world and read about someone else's!
Fav Genre: Could go for anything but mostly young adult
Fav Song: current is circle the drain by katy perry!
Fav Color: Hot Pink!
Why you are awesome: I'm me! Jk

message 6: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

I like your reason for reading!

message 7: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Lougee (LylaLougee-Author) | 32 comments Point numero uno: I LOVE James Patterson! not my favorite writer, but I like his books!
Point numero doseo: Turquoise is kinda like teal!!! yay!

message 8: by Kimberlee (new)

Kimberlee Franco (cheergurl_kim) | 12 comments Name:Kimberlee
Favorite Books: dont have one but i love The Last Song!!!!
Favorite Author(s): any of the books i read :)
Weirdest thing: when my 12 friends and i played bloddy mary at my friends going away party
Favorite Genre: usually romance but i like a lot of young adults books
Favorite Song: rite now is Dj Got Us Falling In Love Again By Usher
Favorite Color: Pinkkkkk!!!! :)
Why Im Soooo AWESOME: cause im me and proud to be me lol

message 9: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

WELCOME!!!!!! =^)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Name: Destani Hope
Favorite Book(s): Sweep saga
Favorite Author(s): Cate Tiernan
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: To have one of my best friends(who I will not name) come up behind me, and squeeze my butt, saying,"For not having much there, it's very plushy." :p
Why you like/love to read: I don't read a lot because I could never find the type of book I really love to read.
Favorite Genre: I don't quite no yet? Suggestions?
Favorite song: Baby Girl by Sugarland
Fav color: Neon/bright/electric blue
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): I would answer, but then I would sound self-centered. :)

message 11: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Yay! Someone else who read the Sweep series other than me! Did you read Seeker yet?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

no. i couldn't find like any of the books, so i juss got to Dark Magick.

message 13: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Is that series any good, you two???

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah. i love it!

message 15: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 3 comments Hi!

Favorite Book(s): Right now The Hunger Games series
Favorite Author(s): Suzanne Collins
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: Hmmm. I can't think of anything!
Why you like/love to read: I agree with Patti--to escape from the world and learn about someone elses.
Favorite Genre: Young adult fantasy
Favorite song: Peacock by Katy Perry (it cracks me up!)
Fav color: Green
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): Because I love to read!!!

message 16: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Hello Jamie! That is a wonderful reason to be awesome!

message 17: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
yay peacock! i love last friday night tgif too!

yea the sweep series was excellent but im hesitant to buy seeker because i dont really want to read from another characters pov

message 18: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Jerome, (sparechange) | 1 comments Name: Ryan
Favorite Book(s): Everything I read becomes a Favourite.
Favorite Author(s): Same as above.
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you:Disscovered I was colour blind when i was 13
Why you like/love to read: Books are often better than the movies and I get to decide what the characters look like.
Favorite Genre: Mixed
Favorite song: Anything by the kooks
Fav color: Light Green
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): Im dyslexic and im on this site

message 19: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (last edited Jan 08, 2011 03:13PM) (new)

Welcome,Stephanie, and Ryan! Good to have you all join! =^D

message 20: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Haha, Tori, this is a little late! :D

Name: Camilla
Favorite Book(s): I have way too many to name. But here are a few. HON, VA, VD, The Hunger Games trilogy, Fallen series, Hush Hush series ...
Favorite Author(s): With me it all depends on the book. If the book is good, then I like the author.
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: I have had a stalker before. (It's the weirdest that I can think of right now.)
Why you like/love to read: Reading takes me away from life. When I start a book, I get thrown from where I am sitting and into a new world where I can be the main character of the book.
Favorite Genre: Y/A and fantasy
Favorite song: Again, too many to have one favorite.
Fav color: GREEN!!! :D
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): Hello, because I am Camilla and I don't bend to society and the ways that others want me to be.

message 21: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

It's alright! Welcome!!!!!!

message 22: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veronica_mitchell) Name: Veronica
Favorite Book(s): My all-time favorite book is Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. I read that book so many times as a kid that I probably started wearing the book out. The more recent books I really enjoy are The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa.
Favorite Author(s): Definitely Meg Cabot. My goal this year is to go to one of her book signings.
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: I tend to have deja vu a lot and really don't know why.
Why you like/love reading: Reading is a way for a person to escape into a reality that is all their own. Even though the author describes each character and event happening, it is the reader who ultimately decides what to do with that information and form images and views. I love it when the story is so vivid in description and I can feel like I am right there with the characters, sensing and feeling every emotion. The Hunger Games was that way for me.
Favorite Genre: YA Fantasy/Science Fiction
Favorite Song: Too many to decide!
Favorite Color: Purple
Why you're so awesome: Because I live by The Golden Rule. Treat others as you want to be treated.

message 23: by Liz (new)

Liz (thatswhatlizread) Hi everyone! I just joined this group, so here we go.

Name: Liz
Favorite Book(s): Brightly Woven and many more
Favorite Author(s): Suzanne Collins , Simone Elkeles, Nicholas Sparks
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: I was wandering around Chinatown in Boston and randomly ran into one of my friends on the corner! I don't live in Boston either.
Why you like/love to read: Because it's nice to escape reality every now and then
Favorite Genre: Young Adult! I'm loving dystopian romances right now (Matched, Delirium, Hunger Games)
Favorite song: Speak Now by Taylor Swift
Fav color: Purple
Why you're so awesome. lol (optional): I'm pretty modest so I wouldn't really call myself awesome. But I recently started a YA book blog. Please stop by @

http://thatswhatlizread.blogspot.com/

message 24: by megamarie (new)

megamarie Welcome Veronica and Liz!

message 25: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

VERONICAAAAAAAAAAAAA ANDDDDDDDDDDD LIZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WELCOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Hello! Glad to meet y'all.

I know it is super duper late but whatever. I just noticed I haven't post mine here.
Name: Alice
Favorite Book(s): Pride and Prejudice, TMI, THG, VA, and probably every Nicholas Sparks book.
Favorite Author(s): Nicholas Sparks, Meg Cabot, Sarah Dessen, Richelle Mead, Cassandra Clare, Jane Austen, etc.
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: Many weird things happen to me...
Why you like/love to read: Ah, it transports me into this world where my problems doesn't exist. I just love it.
Favorite Genre: Fantasy, YA
Favorite song: Lovin' you by Minnie Riperton, Closer by Jaylene Johnson and Details by Robert Downey Jr.
Fav color: Blue, anything blue-ish.
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): I like nachos.

message 27: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

"Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): I like nachos. "

Lol! I agree.

message 28: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) :D

message 29: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Haha...that was a great reason why you are awsome.

message 30: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Haha thank you. You guys are awesome as well.

message 31: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments Hi, new here - I'm Kate.

Favorite Book(s): This is a tough one - just so many. Loved The Hunger Games most recently; The Stand; A Tale of Two Cities; Stranger in a Strange Land

Favorite Author(s): Too many to list!

Why you like/love to read: I've always loved the escape into the world created by the author. It's addictive!

Favorite Genres: YA, sci-fi, fantasy, classics

Looking forward to getting to know you!

message 32: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments HI KAAAAATIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Welcome! And I love that you love The Hunger Games! And I think that you will fit in well here because of:

"Why you like/love to read: I've always loved the escape into the world created by the author. It's addictive!"

message 33: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments Thanks for the warm welcome, Camilla! :)

message 34: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Well, hello Kate!! Happy to meet you!
And yeah, I agree with Camilla, it is awesome that you love The Hunger Games.

I'm Alice!

message 35: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments Hey, Alice and Mistye! Thanks for the notes - this is a friendly place! :)

message 36: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments This is true, Kate! This IS a friendly place. And thanks for the friend add! Yay!

message 37: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa kate!!!!! ^-^

message 38: by Tarryn (new)

Tarryn (the_opal_bibliophile) The name is Tarryn, pronounced tear- (as in rip, not what comes out when you cry) in.

It's hard for me to name specific books that I love because I'm a book fanatic but I guess I could throw out there Paper Towns, The Cage, Wuthering Heights, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Shiver and Linger, and basically anything by Meg Cabot

So yeah, I love Meg Cabot, John Green, Ned Vizinni, Maggie Stiefvater, Ellen Hopkins, etc.

Weirdest thing to ever happen to me...really? I don't know how to answer this! The world is weird. I encounter weird every day! Weird is normal to me. I can't think of the weirdest thing because weird just follows me and I accept it gladly! (:

I love to read because I like being taken to new places. I mean, life can get pretty crazy and I feel like reading is a lovely way to take yourself on another journey without the messiness of actually being attatched to it--I mean, an amazing book will reach out and tangle you to it, but it's different from what you face in real life. Books are like another form of breathing to me. I love the written word and the way it weaves in imaginative ways.

Favorite genre would be something along the lines of young adult romantic comedies. It's a guilty pleasure. I love cliches. I love cutesy, predictable scenarios that are still fun and humorous. Romantic comedies almost always give me the good feeling cliches I want.

Now, all you sirs and woman-sirs out there, you will never get me to name a favorite song. I have over 10,000 songs in my music collection, and that collection is nowhere near complete. If there is anything I am as passionate about as I am with reading/writing it is music. I feel like naming a single favorite song would be personally blasphemous!

I love blue and green. Yessssssss.

And I am awesome, tis true. At least, I feel so. Maybe you will too, maybe you won't. Let's find out!!

message 39: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Whoa.... NICE INTO!!!!! ^-^

message 40: by Jaq (new)

Jaq | 2 comments Hey all! Glad to be a part of the Group:)

Name: Jacquelyn
Favorite Book(s): Hmmm....
Favorite Author(s):Again, hmmm....
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: I almost died sledding. Yes, sledding.
Why you like/love to read: I don't know, I just have always loved to read and write since I figured out that c-a-t spells cat.
Favorite Genre: Really, I read anything I can get my hands on.
Favorite song: Amarillo by Morning
Fav color: Depends on the day...blue or green?
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): Just because!

message 41: by Tarryn (new)

Tarryn (the_opal_bibliophile) Tori wrote: "Whoa.... NICE INTO!!!!! ^-^"

Thanks! (:

message 42: by Tarryn (new)

Tarryn (the_opal_bibliophile) Jacquelyn wrote: "Hey all! Glad to be a part of the Group:)

Name: Jacquelyn
Favorite Book(s): Hmmm....
Favorite Author(s):Again, hmmm....
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: I almost died sledding. Yes, sled..."

Hello to you!

message 43: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments :D Welcome Tarryn and Jacquelyn!!! Yay for new people!

message 44: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

WELCOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^-^

message 45: by megamarie (new)

megamarie WELCOME PEOPLE!!!

message 46: by Alli Cat of Night (last edited Feb 24, 2011 03:01PM) (new)

Alli Cat of Night Favorite Book(s): Oh boy, which to choose? Uhhh, the Maxiumu ride books, The Last Song...and other that I can't think of right now.
Favorite Author(s): Ally Carter, James Patterson, Sarah Dessen. Meg Cabot.

Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: Noooo idea, I'm weird one a good day. Too many things to list here.
Why you like/love to read: It's better than TV, and books are always better than the movies.
Favorite Genre: Dark? IDK, I read just about anything.
Favorite song: Girlfriend by Avril L and lil mama, or Break by Three Days Grace.
Fav color: Black, Red, and Gray
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): I iz random! And a total HOOT at partys!

message 47: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Hey Alli Cat! And welcome! I think that you are going to fit in well here!

Alli Cat of Night Thanks!

message 49: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1 comments Tori wrote: "Welcome! Welcome! Welcome, everyone to YA Must-Reads, where you are now a Must-Reader! Congratulations! Now we would like you know a little something about yourself.
Name:Christine
Favorite Book(s): too many to say just one
Favorite Author(s): there are so many
Weirdest thing to ever happen to you: I got my first speeding ticket when I was 50.
Why you like/love to read: I am more of a listener because I have to multitask. I like to be able to quilt, sew, paint, whatever while I listen. I get so much more done.
Favorite Genre:Historical Fiction, Dystopian SciFi
Favorite song:
Fav color:blue
Why you're so awesome. lol(optional): I am a high school librarian that loves to read ya literature

message 50: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Welcome~ Alli~ Cat~! I definitely most think that you will fit into our mismatched puzzle nicely! ^-^ I also like reading dark things, but mostly other writings here on goodreads. Some of them are so dark that I get chills reading them! I love it. ^-^

W.E.L.C.O.M.E. C.H.R.I.S.T.I.N.E.!!!!! The library is such a wonderful place! I love going into my school one where the Librarians know my name (in a good way, not a "I cause trouble" way ;^]) and we discuss books recently brought in.

« previous 1 3