BOOK-A-HOLICS discussion

Fun&Games > The first ever "Contest Contest" ...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ross (last edited Sep 01, 2010 08:44AM) (new)

Ross Cavins (rosscavins) | 3 comments as authorized by my main man, Wes (whose shop is a mere 45-minute drive from me) ...

Wes has agreed to let me do a contest to give away my book and I've been trying to think of something engaging, and I just can't. I blame writer's block and too many vegetables.

So, I will now give away two books! One for the Book-a-holic who dreams up the coolest, bestest contest in the world; and one to the winner of said contest. (And no, you can't win both books.)

All I ask for in return is an honest review posted here and on Amazon if possible.

Here's the gist of the book:

Follow The Money by Ross Cavins

Follow the Money is a collection of ten interconnected short stories: A botched kidnapping, a money scam, a not-so-average convenience store holdup ... each story flows (with the money) through a series of interesting, and sometimes bizarre, plots. Layered and interweaved with seamless complexity, recurring characters and everyday motifs bind the ten stories into a single universal plot.

Ingenious in its conception, flawless in its execution, "Follow the Money" is a hilarious, detailed study on the many facets of the human condition. Greed, Pride, Lust . . . the seven deadly sins have never been so entertaining.

Prepare yourself for a raunchy, gritty ride you'll never want to end.

------

The first ever "Contest Contest" rules are easy:

1) The entrant must dream up a contest where readers are engaged to write something less than 50 words to win.

2) The thing the reader must write needs to relate to the book somehow. Visit http://money.rosscavins.com to research the book.

3) The thing the reader must write to win needs to also have some element of humor and creativity.

That's it .. happy contesting!

(post your entries here, the deadline is Wed, Sep 8, at midnite EST ... at which point I will pick the winner and THAT contest will begin.)

-Ross Cavins

message 2: by Ross (new)

Ross Cavins (rosscavins) | 3 comments I guess this is kind of a dud, huh? (crickets chirping)

Maybe if I typed the title in all caps? THE CONTEST CONTEST ...

still didn't work?

Maybe if I renamed it "THE TITLE GAME CONTEST CONTEST" ... maybe some of those billion people that click on "THE TITLE GAME" would accidentally click on this one and post something.

Maybe I should just get another drink.

message 3: by Marilu (new)

Marilu I hadn't seen this thread until now, as I have not been on much. I am thinking! However, not sure 2 days is long enough for me to think of something! I am not that creative!!

message 4: by Wes, Moderator (new)

Wes (pricerightbooks) | 473 comments Mod
In 50 words or less start with a tragedy and end with happiness.