Tomorrow, When the War Began series discussion

tomorrow when the war began movie!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 149 (149 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 40 comments i havn't seen it yet, (seeing saturday!) but if you have SPILL! was the movie true to the books? and did the actors do well?
(...was lee as bad as he looks...)

message 2: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 40 comments OOOOOOOOOOOOOOp's kinda forgot there was another chat room bout da movie...sorry!

message 3: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
It's coming out Tomorrow!!(haha, geddit?)

message 4: by Hannah, :) (new)

Hannah | 102 comments Mod
ITS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I MIGHT BE GOING TO SEE IT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO DON'T WORRY, WHEN I GET HOME I WILL TELL ALL!!!!! :D

message 5: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
No spoilers. Even though we know what's going to happen (duhz we read the book) but still. Movies are different.

Why does it say 'drug use'?? They didn't use drugs in the books! I mean, they sometimes talked about it but never actually used them.

message 6: by Hannah, :) (new)

Nah it would probably be because of Chris. Doesn't he use drugs?
I didn't actually get to see it today because we've been advised to keep outta the city cuz there was an earthquake (7.1 magnitude) there this morning and its a bit unsteady...
:)

message 7: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Ohhh do you live in NZ? Coz I heard there was an earthquake there. Are you OK? When I heard it on the radio it said no one had been killed...

I didnt know he used drugs... alcohol but.

message 8: by Hannah, :) (new)

I remember a line from the book, something like "Chris's motto was 'if it grows, smoke it'" but idk...

Yeah, I live in NZ and woke at 4.35am to my bed shaking violently. I was thinking "this isn't normal. Whos shaking my bed? OHHHHH EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!" Haha. Then I just lay there waiting for it to stop. I briefly considered going under my doorframe, but my bed was too warm :)I lived to tell the tale though, like everyone else! But Christchurch is pretty smashed up! I feel bad for everyone who lost their homes... :\

message 9: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Oh, yeah, I vaguely remember that. Still, they coulda cutted it from the movie.

Wow that sounds scary. But the fact you stayed in bed makes me laugh XD

message 10: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
OMGGGGGGGG I saw the movie yesterday and it was soooooooooooooo good! Like totally awesome! Even my mum who's very anti-swearing (gulp) enjoyed it and kept asking me if they're making the next one.
The movie was megaliciously acesome, very true to the book. The newspaper only gave it 2 1/2 stars, I give it 5!

message 11: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Yeah the movies they say are good I don't enjoy and vice versa.

message 12: by Hannah, :) (new)

EXCITING!!!!
Can't wait to see it :)
Is there much swearing?

Haha well my bed was nice and warm, and I figured it'd stop... Eventually :\
Everyone's been feeling aftershocks, except me haha!

message 13: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Yeah, there is quite a bit of swearing, wouldn't let an under-11 year old go to it, really.

Lucky you ;)

message 14: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 40 comments OMG!!!
9/10! Was AWESOME but felt kinda...short?
Yeah thats it! do you recon that they will make a second!?!? How GR8! were the charicters?! elie (i thought) was really ellie homer was really homer and so on...lee was the only let down (HOW COULD THEY NOT MAKE HIM HOT!?!?).

message 15: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
lol I really hope they do make a 2nd one.

message 16: by Hannah, :) (new)

EXCITING!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will get to see it tomorrow. HOPEFULLY.
:D
(That is, if another earthquake doesn't stop my friends and I going into town!!!)
;)

message 17: by Hannah, :) (new)

I SAW IT TODAY!!!! IT WAS AWESOME.
Did not disappoint at all. Had me laughing AND crying, sooo true to the book. Simply amazing. And I actually got kinda used to Lee, see I thought he'd speak with an asian accent (not being racist...) but his Aussie accent was awesome. All the characters were amazing. Chris had me cracking up soooo much haha!
Awesome movie, I'm in love <3

message 18: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Yeah, my friend and I were quoting from that movie for AGES
"Either I've been smoking some really weird s*** or this isn;t your average day in Wirrawee..." Chris

message 19: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments I love when Chris looks at the dog and goes "Woof Woof, dogs are funny" or whatever he says
And Homer and his "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" I was laughing like a loon!

message 20: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
^^I like your name^^
I can't remember that part. "I've always wanted to smash a window" Fi.

message 21: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments hahaha good old Fi, I love how she brings makeup to the camping trip. I love the books and the movie!
Did you hear they were thinking of turning the rest of the books into a tv series, That would ruin it!

message 22: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
IK! Like, how do you have a full on battle thingy in a half an hour eppie? It would ruin it. And the directors would probably start rambling on random crap. PLEASE. Also, if you missed one episode coz you were, I dunno, at a tennis lesson - *headdesk* Make them into movies.

message 23: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments Exactly, and they already made one movie, so it would just be confusing!
Harry Potter is doing 8 movies, nothing wrong with that, why can't TWTWB do it.

message 24: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Yeah, I think they should just continue doing what they're doing: a movie per book. Simple. I'm just a teensy bit worried that in the later books, if made into movies, may get too high a rating (say, MA15+) because of violence and language and sex scenes -oops- which I will not be able to watch. That would suck.

message 25: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments Yeah, but by the time they come out, you will prob be old enough. Thats what sucks with series, you have to wait so long for the sequels

message 26: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Oh, yeah. I didn't think of that! :) I read in the paper that it was making the 2nd most amount of money out of all the movies showing currently, so that's a good thing.

message 27: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments Yeah I subscribed to a TWTWB site and they had a movie poster for the second one. I really hope they continue with the series, but it will be sad when some of the other characters die.

message 28: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
I know. My mum came with me to the movies to watch it and she kept asking questions afterwards, like, "Does Corrie recover?" and "Does Chris become a better person?"
I don't really have the heart to spoil it and say they both die (OOPS SORRY, SPOILER)

Could you send the link of the site please?

message 29: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments http://www.tomorrow-movies.com/2010/0...

Thats the link. It's a good website too. And yeah I hated how they died. I didn't even realize Chris did die, I had to read it like 3 times. It was so sad when they visited Corrie's grave D;

message 30: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments So they want to make 3 films and a tv series???

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!

message 31: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
I know. I didn't really understand Chris's death... he was drunk, right?
I thought the saddest death was Robyn's. She gave up her own life, for her friend's... that was brave. I coulda kinda see Corrie's death coming, though.

I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

message 32: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments Yeah they all left Chris in Hell and stayed in Harveys camp and when they got back Chris was gone. They later found him, he crashed a car or something.
Robyn's death was terrible. I really loved Robyn! I didn't really like the actor who portrays her in the movie.

message 33: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
OK. I was a little confused because it said something like "It was very clear what had happened to him." And I was like, nooooo, it wasn't.

I know! She looks at least five years younger than the rest of them, and she seemed really baby-ish and cowardly, when she was actually a really brave character who stuck to what she believed in. I don't really like the way they made her shoot the dudes at the bridge.

message 34: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments Yeah same!
She is very different in the book. I guess all of them are. But my favorite character is Homer, always has been! I think the actor who was Homer did a fantastic job. Man his funny!

message 35: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
But for the most part, it was easy to understand.
Yeah, I laughed when he was trying to swing down from the boulders but crashed into the bush. "I meant to do that..."
I don't really have a fav character.

message 36: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments TWTWB is such a different book to those I usually read. But i'm glad I read it, it's so good! The 4th book got a little boring but I liked the 5th book. It's hard to keep track of them all.

message 37: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Yeah, I can't remember what happened in which book.

message 38: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments Neither! But i remember i love the ending of the 5th book, The second one is when they blow up all the houses, the third one, i don't remember, I think they go to New Zealand.

message 39: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Yeah, in every single one, basically, they blow something up. I thought it was pretty random when they went to NZ... And then went back to Australia.

message 40: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments LOL, yeah. I liked how even though they acted all macho and that, they still all spiraled into depression which made it even more realistic. Cause I know that if that was me, I'd be sooooooo on edge

message 41: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
I agree. If they were all just like: "YES! I KILLED A SOLDIER! VICTORY DANCE!" it would've been annoying. Though I did find Kevin's complete break down a bit annoying.

message 42: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments OMG IKRRR, When he was in the back of the truck crying it was soooo frustrating!!! everyone else was out there doing their part, but not him.
I have to admit, It was the funniest thing ever when the soldiers surrounded them and he farted. I laughed so hard!!

message 43: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Yeah, that was funny.
It annoyed me a lot. But I suppose Marsden used it to show how people react to the stress of war.

message 44: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments Yeah, It was very brave of Kevin to take Corrie to the hospital though, but the rest, ah well.
Yeah, I like in the Ellie Chronicles how it shows how everyone changed after the war. Especially Ellie's mother,

message 45: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
I haven't read the Ellie Chronicles yet. *rolls eyes* I have a friend who's read the Chronicles but not the Tomorrow series.

message 46: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments hahaha, You can't read the Chronicles then the tomorrow series!!!.
Its really good. The war is kind of still going despite the fact it's over. Its hard to explain, you just gotta read it ;)

message 47: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
I know. And then she's shocked she doesn't enjoy it!!
And is it also about the emotional sideeffects, so to speak, of the war?

message 48: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments yeah, and how they have to go on with their ordinary lives and maintaining the farm. And the invaders are still in the country, they have to divide the land with them. And some of them are still going on with the war. I can't tell you much else without spoilers but it has battles/fights whatever you want to call it in it too.

message 49: by GSGS, TWTWB fan (duh) (new)

GSGS | 150 comments Mod
Oh, OK. I think I read the blurb and Gavin is in it? Gods, those kids annoyed me. They were so ungrateful!

message 50: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 53 comments LOL IKRRR, Gavin gets lovable in the Chronicles, but those other kids, they were bratz! they were so nice to them and gosh!! It was sad that one of them died of dehydration.

« previous 1 3