Cozy Mysteries discussion

What do you think? > Just started this book

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 21 comments Cat's Paw, Incorporated (Brown Bag Mystery Series) by L.L. Thrasher

This is a strange question. I just started Cat's Paw Inc. A Brown Bag Mystery From Council Oak. Long Title. I am reading it for the Read Around the U.S. challenge for Oregon.

I could only find it on Goodreads by the author or ISBN number. Why? Because Goodreads (and others) has the title Incorporated.Cat's Paw, Incorporated But that isn't how it is on the cover. Is this correct and if not how does it get changed. Oddly at the top of each page of the book it is spelled out.

My library has it Inc, Amazon has it spelled out, Stop Your Killing Me has is abbreviated.

I have always gone by how the title is on the cover of the book. Wouldn't this make it harder for people to track down?

Thoughts and opinions please.

message 2: by Shay (new)

Shay | 410 comments Well, when there's an abbreviation like Mr. or Mrs. in the title, it's usually not spelled completely in a description of the book. So, it seems odd that they would do it in this one instance. I don't know how you would email a GR librarian. Is anyone here a GR librarian?

message 3: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) | 1542 comments Mod
We do have one goodreads librarian in the group.

message 4: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3230 comments Yes, I'm librarian ;) If you want, I ask this question at the librarian group.

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 21 comments I'm just curious about why this is the case. There is another book (a sequel) by the same author called Dogsbody, Inc: A Mystery where it doesn't occur.

message 6: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3230 comments It was a data error (when the book was added). It's already fixed (and the series is defined).

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 21 comments Wow! You guys are fast. Thanks. I thought I was missing something. :)

I'm halfway through and enjoying the book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cat's Paw, Inc. (other topics)
Dogsbody, Inc (other topics)