Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Traitor's Knot (Wars of Light & Shadow, #7)
This topic is about Traitor's Knot
Wars of Light and Shadow > Traitor’s Knot: Arithon: New Perspective

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amelia (narknon) | 523 comments I haven't delved into the spoiler topic of this book because I haven't quite finished it yet. I still have about 200 pages left. I feel really remiss, though, because I'd posted a lot about earlier books and nothing about this one. So, I thought I'd start a new topic.

One of the things that I've really enjoyed was seeing how creative and ingenious Arithon has become with his new goal of not shedding any more blood.

I love the scene with the Iyats. Arithon is so smart to use them for distractions and chaos creators. I like that he has turned the situation on the ocean with the Evenstar and learned something from it. Now the iyats have become a central part of his planning in thwarting the fledgling Alliance religion by just seeding gossip and songs into the public's hearing.

I really hope that Arithon can carry his new attitude out. He had to go through so much in the maze. I wouldn't like to see him have to repeat his pains in causing more massacres and pointless bloodshed.

message 2: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 414 comments Amelia wrote: "I haven't delved into the spoiler topic of this book because I haven't quite finished it yet. I still have about 200 pages left. I feel really remiss, though, because I'd posted a lot about earli..."

We'll look forward to seeing you after that final 200 - hang onto your HAT!

Amelia (narknon) | 523 comments Janny wrote: "Amelia wrote: "I haven't delved into the spoiler topic of this book because I haven't quite finished it yet. I still have about 200 pages left. I feel really remiss, though, because I'd posted a ..."

Oh I'll hang on tight. I'm sure the wind will try to blow it off.

I had a few more thought about Arithon from my little bit of reading last night. I read the chapter where Innish gets its excitement. As I was reading this, I realized that this was an example of how Arithon is trying to solve the conflict going on without war or bloodshed. This really struck a chord with me because Janny has mentioned many times that this series is kind of a reaction to how terrible war it. I was just thinking that in the earlier books, we saw a lot of the horrible consequences of it. Now, because Arithon has determined to not shed any more blood, we are seeing different possibilities to war.

Unfortunately, others in this story haven't made the same resolve, so I don't think this will be the end of the bloodshed.

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Amelia, I've been checking this book folder to see if you've posted anything yet. I'm glad you have. I haven't started my reread of this one yet, thinking I would (for a change) wait until the group started reading it.

I just LOVE Arithon's new energy and self confidence in this book! And I love that he and Elaira get to spend some time together even though..... well, I'll wait to see what your reaction is when you read it. I was pissed!!! Screamed at Janny (just kidding) but really.... grin.

Amelia (narknon) | 523 comments I was gone over the weekend, so I'm just barely catching up on Goodreads.

Janny, you were right. Those last 200 pages were a very wild ride.

Sandra, the section where Elaira and Arithon get together was a very touching section, but it seemed very wrong to be watching it from Dakar's point of view, and then . . . What a violation! Elaira really needs to cut those strings to the Koriani sisterhood so she can be free to love Arithon.

The necromancy thing was creepy too. What a terrible thing to have on Athera. I wonder if they are the real reason the Paravians disappeared.

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments I agree it was a violation to be seeing it through Dakar's eyes! The whole thing was awful! And I kept thinking of all the years they waited for it and then to be so invaded! I was really mad and outraged and strongly tempted to throw the book across the room!

But I managed to restrain myself and read on :)

message 7: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Sandra aka Sleo wrote: "I agree it was a violation to be seeing it through Dakar's eyes! The whole thing was awful! And I kept thinking of all the years they waited for it and then to be so invaded! I was really mad an..."

I became nauseous.

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Jon wrote: "Sandra aka Sleo wrote: "I agree it was a violation to be seeing it through Dakar's eyes! The whole thing was awful! And I kept thinking of all the years they waited for it and then to be so invad..."

Yeah. That, too.