Traditional Regency Romance Aficionados discussion

Traditional Recommendations > Looking for Regency-set novels with boarding-school setting

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Farida (new)

Farida Mestek | 5 comments Hello. Can anyone help me in my search, please? I'm looking for Regencies with boarding-school setting.

message 2: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz You might want to try Sabrina Jeffries'Let Sleeping Rogues Lie from her School for Heiresses series. It's alright but nothing spectacular.

Let Sleeping Rogues Lie (School for Heiresses, Book 4) by Sabrina Jeffries

message 3: by Farida (new)

Farida Mestek | 5 comments Thank you! It's more for research purposes, so that might do:)

message 4: by Eastofoz (last edited Aug 31, 2010 01:00PM) (new)

Eastofoz You're welcome :) I think Leda Swann's School For Virgins is a boarding school one but that's historical erotica.

School For Virgins by Leda Swann

message 5: by Marie-Therese (last edited Sep 01, 2010 01:55AM) (new)

Marie-Therese (mariethrse) | 1 comments Carla Kelly's Miss Grimsley's Oxford Career is partially set in a (rather dreadful) girl's boarding school outside the grounds of Oxford and Jane Ashford's The Three Graces, has one of a trio of impoverished sisters working as a teacher in a boarding school.

I'm also pretty sure Marion Chesney has written something using the boarding school setting at least briefly in the story, although I can't remember any of her books that actually stay at school for long.

This is a great topic! I'll have to think on it further.

message 6: by Farida (new)

Farida Mestek | 5 comments Thank you very much!

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet (janetnorcal) How about Mary Balogh's Simply series: all the heroines are teachers at a school for girls in Bath.

message 8: by Farida (new)

Farida Mestek | 5 comments Thank you very much!

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oliviacharles) | 8 comments The website for "Good Ton", http://www.thenonesuch.com/ has a search engine on the front page. Type in "Boarding School" and all the regencies with boarding school in their blurb pops up. There are many!

message 10: by Farida (new)

Farida Mestek | 5 comments Thank you for the tip!

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 76 comments Mod
Eastofoz wrote: "You're welcome :) I think Leda Swann's School For Virgins is a boarding school one but that's historical erotica.

School For Virgins by Leda Swann"

Leda Swann = Leda Swan

someone likes greek mythology lol

message 12: by Martin (new)

Martin Conisby (martinconisby) | 7 comments There's also a novel by Victoria Holt called On The Night of The Seventh Moon which takes place at least partly in a girls' boarding school in Bavaria. I don't know if it would qualify as a Regency since it doesn't take place in England although the heroine is English (also not sure about the time period -- but definitely early nineteenth century).

message 13: by Lesley-Anne (new)

Lesley-Anne McLeod (lesley-annemcleod) | 11 comments My book 'The Education of Portia' is all about life in a Regency school. Portia is the owner/headmistress of the school.