Wellspring Prep Reads! discussion

where the red fern grows

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kain (new)

Kain Krul | 3 comments My over all impression of “Where the Red Fern Grows” is that it is a good book I have read better but this one is still good. The plot was good I liked how the story just flowed through the whole story. I am not real sure what the message is in this book but I think it is everything happens for a reason. If you want something you half to work for it like Billy did. I like the style of Wilson Rawls he made the characters sound like they were from the time aria. The characters I like the most in this book I think would half to be Billy because I like how when his parents would not get him a dog. He did different things to get money so that he could buy his hound dogs. I liked Billy’s grandpa because he is funny, sarcastic and just all around cool. Old Dan and Little Ann are some of the coolest dogs there is because when Billy was in trouble the two dogs got in between the big cat and Billy to protect him. The ending was good I liked it but I did not like it at the same time because the dogs died, I am an animal lover so when animals get hurt I do not like it. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a really good book but a sad book. How did Billy’s grandpa turn out? Did they like the city? Did they miss there out house? Did Billy ever hunt again?

message 2: by Tyler (new)

Tyler | 3 comments My impression of the book is that it is good and interesting. The plot is one that flows and you just can't put the book down because it is really interesting. I agree with Kain that the message is everything happens for a reason. My favorite character was Billy's Grandpa. Grandpa was very wise and liked to joke around a lot with Billy. He also taught Billy many things.Billy's dogs were cool too because they always listen to him and help him in any situation. I thought the ending was pretty good, but sad also because his dogs died. I would recommend this book to anyone who needs a good and interesting read.

message 3: by Zach (new)

Zach | 3 comments This was probably one of the best books I've ever read. The plot was easily followed and the message was clear. There was a definite bond betweem the boy and his dogs.... that classic bnd brings it home. I couldn't help but reccomend everyone reads this book. It's a book that Is worth buying. It is also worth your time and the patience it takes to best enjoy it. If any question I'd ask How many people felt down in the dumps after finishing this.