Writing Passionates discussion

Advice > sites

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rollie (new)

Rollie (zheick) it's really hard to create a cover for a book.
what are the best sites or applications to create a good book cover?
thanks

message 2: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
most people I know of use picnic or fotoflexer (I prefer fotoflexer because it doesn't have the lame "premium" options that I don't actually want anyway). Both of these are online. Another option is photoshop, but that's not free.

As for pictures... it's a good idea to have permission to use the image. You can search using the creative commons website. Also, if you find something really cool on a different website (such as deviantart) you can ask the artist for permission, but it's not cool to use something, especially from a site like deviantart, without permission. However, it isn't strictly necessary to obtain permission unless you're publishing. But you should ask anyway. I'm pretty sure that most people are cool with it as long as you're nice.

message 3: by Rollie (new)

Rollie (zheick) oh thanks.. i have tried visiting the deviantart before.. his works were really cool..:
))

i use photoshop with my covers
but unfortunately i'm not good at editing pictures and drawing. lols

message 4: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
deviantart isn't just one person... it's a website full of artists and writers and such. :)

message 5: by Rollie (new)

Rollie (zheick) lol.. i figured it out when you recommended it to me (anyway, thanks!)then, i registered..
someone also asked me to check that site before , so i thought it was his website...LOL