Knight-Reading discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Section 10033 > Reading Log Week of 9/20/10

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Knight | 44 comments Mod
Please post your reaction to this weeks reading here. Be sure to link your book/author by following the link above.

message 2: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Wood (whitneywood87) | 1 comments I am reading Escape In Iraq. I just started this book and love it so far. I can relate to this book a little because a lot of my family members have served in the US Military and I was in JROTC in high school for all four years and was going to join the US Marines But decided it wasnt what i wanted to do. I read this book A\and relate to the main character.Escape in Iraq: The Thomas Hamill Story

message 3: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Knight | 44 comments Mod
206 Bones Great book!

Snfitzsimmonsaol.com | 2 comments I am reading Cause of Fear by Robert Ross. This book is a page turner. It makes me wonder why people do horrific things to each other. It must be awful to feel helpless. Cause Of Fear

message 5: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 9 comments The Ultimate Reality Show

I am currently reading this book. The Ultimate Reality Show. I'm on page 99 so I'm almost halfway done. So far it's been really interesting. I am in shock at the kinds of things the characters have to endure for a tv show. It's sort of like Survivor,whoever gets to the end wins a large amount of money. I don't know if I could survive all of the challenges they make! I would definitly give it a shot if I had the chance though! -Kendra Massie

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria Hernandez | 7 comments He grinned into the darkness, his hand closing around the sharp edges of his prize.Blood LinesBlood Lines

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Kimball (sherry28) | 16 comments I am reading this book along with the chicken soup book . I switch between the two depending on what I feel like reading at a given time . This book is always worth reading . I love this book and have read it over four times but I always take something different from it each time I read it . It is a good book for helping to work on yourself and to learn to just live and let go and everyone needs to be reminded of that once in a while . A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Kimball (sherry28) | 16 comments Whitney wrote: "I am reading Escape In Iraq. I just started this book and love it so far. I can relate to this book a little because a lot of my family members have served in the US Military and I was in JROTC in ..."

That sounds like an interesting book . I am curious now as to what the Thomas Hamill story is and what happened . I guess maybe I will have to read about it so I can find out . Have fun and enjoy reading it .

message 9: by Sherry (last edited Sep 26, 2010 07:25PM) (new)

Sherry Kimball (sherry28) | 16 comments This is the first post I wrote and I didn't know any other way to link it to our class group so I had to copy and paste this .
review

Sep 09, 10

bookshelves: currently-reading

I love this book already and believe that as I read my feelings about it will not change . I have heard from others that the name of these books is corny so they will not read them but they are missing out . I think the name fits them well because like chicken soup this book and the other ones I have read fill you with a warm feeling and have the ability of making you feel better if you don't feel so good . I have read previous chicken soup for the soul books and they all are unique but they are also alike in that they are all filled will stories from different people and about different situations and the stories are a reflection of the writers or story tellers feelings . I like them so much because it is easy to relate to most of the stories and they are very insirational . It is a wonderful portrayal of the feelings that mothers go through and celebrates the most rewarding job in the world : Being a mother . I would highly recommend this book to all of my friends and family .Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Hardcover Health Communications)) by Jack Canfield

message 10: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 3 comments I just started reading Getting To Happy by Terry McMillan, and from the start it caught my attention. It's a sequel to her first book Waiting to Exhale, and it's filled with drama with the four different women and their men. It reminds me of situations myself and friends have been through, but on a lighter scale! Getting to Happy

message 11: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Kimball (sherry28) | 16 comments Maria wrote: "He grinned into the darkness, his hand closing around the sharp edges of his prize.Blood LinesBlood Lines"

Wow , just that little part that you wrote sounds like a book that would give me nightmares . lol . But it sounds suspensful and it must be one of those books you don't wat to put down cause you can't wait to know what happens next . Enjoy and

message 12: by Sherry (last edited Sep 26, 2010 07:34PM) (new)

Sherry Kimball (sherry28) | 16 comments Well I am still reading chicken soup for the mothers soul and people must think I'm crazy sometimes . I will be sitting somewhere reading this book and one minute im quietly laughing to myself and the next I have tears streaming down my face . It's amazing how others words that are written can bring out your own emotional reactions . Especially when the book is on a subject that you can relate to . Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Hardcover Health Communications)) by Jack Canfield

message 13: by Tashiana (new)

Tashiana Joyner | 2 comments Snapped by Tracy Brown I just got done reading this book and it took only three days to complete. This book can relate to life because in the book the main character Camille was very close to her friends and I'am the same way i love my friends to death and i wouldnt trade them in for anything in this world. I would definitely recommend this book if you enjoy reading Urban Fiction books.

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather Cleary | 3 comments The Coldest Winter Ever
The main charachter, Winter did not have a father growing up. I can relate because my father left my life when I was three years old. She also has been through many strruggles in her life due to the abstinence of her father. Resulting in our lives could have been better if we had a father figure.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.