Knight-Reading discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Section 11337 > Reading Log Week of 9/20/10

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Knight | 44 comments Mod
Please post your reaction to this weeks reading here. Be sure to link your book/author by following the link above.

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Kimball (sherry28) | 16 comments I really like the book I am reading . I actually only get to read about fifteen minutes every other night but I'm just thankful I can fit it in at all . I know the name has been picked on by somepeople that it is corny , but this book along with other chicken soups are really insirational . The chapter I'm reading right now is called "On Love " . There are quotes at the beginning of some of the stories that are shared and this is one I really like : Mother Love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible . (by Marion C. Garrety ).

message 3: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Perez | 10 comments I'm am currently reading a book called Insatiable by Eve Elliot. These stories are about four girls with eating disorders. There is a girl in the book named Phoebe who copes with her dads death by starving herself. I think this is ironic because she is upset that her father died but yet she is hurting herself, with this she is doing bodily harm and this could possibly lead to death.

message 4: by Kyle (last edited Sep 22, 2010 06:02AM) (new)

Kyle North | 2 comments I am currently reading "freakonomics" which is a book about not just understanding the economy but how people operate and how they react to incentives. i am currently on page 40.Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything

message 5: by Allison (new)

Allison Sylvester | 6 comments I am currently reading "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. I've heard a lot of good feedback on this book so that is why I decided to begin reading it. I am currently on page 45 and so far it has been a pretty interesting book and I can tell its going to be one that will keep my attention.

message 6: by Hope (new)

Hope G | 4 comments I am reading "The Manning Sisters" by Debbie Macomber. I've read about 50 pages of it so far, and have really enjoyed it. Although it is fiction, the way in which the characters react to difficult situations are very easy to indentify with.

message 7: by Matt (new)

Matt Austin | 8 comments Hi, I have currently read the Surfer magazine article about Sri Lanka by Nathan Myers. It is really interesting to me because it talks about the tsunami that hit them recently and how it recked all of their traditions towards the water that they have done for years. But now they are just getting back to some rituals like stilt fishing for one. I like the article because i too enjoy fishing and surfing.

message 8: by Noelle (new)

206 Bones Great book!

message 9: by Candace (new)

Candace (candaceriehemann) | 1 comments I am currently reading Dry by Augusten Burroughs. This is my second book I am reading by this author. I really enjoyed reading Running with Scissors. This book is kind of a contuation of Augusten's life. He talks about how is father is an alcoholic in which I can relate. The book is based on his childhood. This is a great book so far!

message 10: by Noelle (new)

206 Bones Great book!

message 11: by Gangarosa (new)

Gangarosa gangarosa | 5 comments EkartA New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose I am reading "A New Earth". I find the authors philosophies to be uplifting and realistic. Several people have mentioned this book to me and now I can see why.

message 12: by Franchatta (new)

Franchatta Bouie | 2 comments The Hot Box: A NovelI read this book and it was great. it is hot , steamy, and has a twist.

message 13: by Franchatta (new)

Franchatta Bouie | 2 comments Satisfy My SoulI am corrently reading this and I hope that I will enjoy it.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (goodreadscomlweber5) | 10 comments The Last Song
I am currently in this middle of this book, pg. 78. I am reading this book because the movie had just came out and the book is always better than the movie. It reflects with my life because they live right off the beaches and has to do with sea life which is what Florida is half about!

message 15: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Perez | 10 comments The Host by Stephenie Meyer I have already read this book but it is so good that I had to read it again. My favorite quote is,"That's not true at all. It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what they say. It's not how you look like in that body, it's what you do with it. You are beautiful." - Ian O'shea

message 16: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey Abarr (aubreyabarr) | 3 comments Right now I am reading The Princess Plot by Kirsten Boie. I am reading it to my 8 year old niece every night before bed. I thought it was going to be more girly but so far its pretty good. It was a little confusing in the begining but as you read more into it the story starts to come together. The Princess Plot (Scandia, #1) by Kirsten Boie

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.