Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > What's the craziest thing you have come across in a BR?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karla (last edited Aug 31, 2010 05:06AM) (new)

Karla | 1668 comments Mod
Definitely another vote for the wagon-driving, stumpy-limbed midget Lucifer in The Black Swan. How my mother could have forgotten that, I'll never know. I doubt I ever will.

Does the sheer number of rapes in Savage Surrender count?

Sean Culhane's partial castration in Stormfire.

Eric Longsword's penile shortcomings (literally!) in Enchantress Mine. It's that old "war wound" again....

message 2: by Amanda (last edited Aug 31, 2010 12:58PM) (new)

Amanda | 107 comments Haha. I don't know of any BR craziness really. I don't think I've read enough to come across the really crazy stuff. I love seeing what you girls have to say about it though! Someone mentioned on another discusion in the group a book in which the hero (or someone) was eating grapes out of the heroines hoo-ha. I don't remember what book that was... it might just be me but that seemed a tid bit WTF (and I didn't even read it!)

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 107 comments Ah, I found the comment. And it was Bertrice Small. Although it wasn't Karla who originally mentioned it, it was Karla who came up with the name of the book! :) (Hellion apparently)

message 4: by Karla (new)

Hah, yes, the hoo-ha grapes. :D

Another one from Bertrice....you gotta applaud her for imagination.

All the Sweet Tomorrows - the Khan/Sultan/whatever whose harem Skye finds herself in her search for long-lost Niall Burke...he plays a game with his harem women where they wear manes and belts with tails and they all play stallion and mares in the garden.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 107 comments Karla wrote: "he plays a game with his harem women where they wear manes and belts with tails and they all play stallion and mares in the garden..."

Well that was just a literal LOL moment for me! Manes and belts with tails? WTF? You're right, Karla. You can not knock the girl for lack of creativity, that's for sure.

message 6: by Karla (new)

And the scene is totally complete with the women nickering and shying away. Role play is as old as Time, apparently.

message 7: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 189 comments The craziest thing I have read recently was in Comanche Cowboy - the hero/heroine encounter a swarm of grasshoppers while traveling on horseback, which leads the heronine to run her horse into some water to get the grasshoppers off, which turns out to be quicksand... Also, the book describes the grasshoppers crunching under the horse's hooves.

message 8: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) Another Bertrice SMall one: I want to say it was Hellion. Hero goes off on an errand for the King-gets "enslaved" by a witch. Heroine leaves her newborn baby to go after him. She becomes the lover of the witch's brother. Husband doesn't remember her. The brother inserts grapes and pearls in her. They have threesome with husband. Who still doesn't remember her.

message 9: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Karla wrote: "Hah, yes, the hoo-ha grapes. :D

Another one from Bertrice....you gotta applaud her for imagination.

All the Sweet Tomorrows - the Khan/Sultan/whatever whose harem Skye finds hersel..."

Oh gawd, playing at stallions and mares in the gardens?

Anyone ever read the sex with trees book by Dawn Thompson? Read a few of the Amazon reviews for a good chuckle. I can't decide if I want to look for myself or not.

Lord of the Deep by Dawn Thompson

message 10: by Karla (new)

Erotic PotO book? Which one?

message 11: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Karla wrote: "Erotic PotO book? Which one?"

Jeanine, I can't wait. Frequent updates please.

Karla, it's by the same author who wrote the erotic Maid Marian novel. She also wrote one on The Count of Monte Cristo. Still early here and the name escapes me. I'll have to hunt later.

message 12: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Karla wrote: "Erotic PotO book? Which one?"

Jeanine, I can't wait. Frequent updates please.

Karla, it's by the same author who wrote the erotic Maid Marian novel. She also wrote one on The Count of Monte Cristo. Still early here and the name escapes me. I'll have to hunt later.

message 13: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Jeanine ♥ Cheshire Catt ♠ wrote: "Here it is for everyone who really wanted to read the erotic phantom book! Unmasqued An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera by Colette Gale"

I am hoping you don't have to go through the night of living statues like I did in the Maid Marian book.