What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Plants
This topic is about The Plants
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Plants take over the world... [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by OutlawPoet (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:27PM) (new)

OutlawPoet I read this book many years ago (10-15 years ago or more) and would love to find it again.

I recall that one of the main characters is a young woman - maybe a college student or young working woman - who goes to stay with her aunt. I don't recall why, but the plants start taking over the planet and killing people.

People have suggested The Bridge by Skipp and Spector and Day of the Triffids, but I've since read those and, though I thoroughly enjoyed them, neither was the book I had in mind.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to find this one again.

Thanks,
Dena

message 2: by Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (kristathekrazykataloguer) | 104 comments Could it be The Plants by Kenneth McKenney?

message 3: by OutlawPoet (new)

OutlawPoet Thanks so much, Krista. It took me forever to realize you had responded (so sorry!). I went online and couldn't find a thorough description of The Plants, but took a chance and bought a cheap copy from an online bookseller.

I'm now halfway through the book and this is definitely it! It's a creepy book, but I'm finding that I'm enjoying it as much now as I did the first time I read it.

Thanks for allowing me this particular pleasure once again!

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (kristathekrazykataloguer) | 104 comments My pleasure! As I recall, the book kind of reminded me of an old "Avengers" episode, where a killer plant covered the house Steed and Mrs. Peel were in, trapping them, and an old "Doctor Who" episode too. Just thinking about it makes me want to read the book again!

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 37 comments OMG, I remember that Doctor Who episode!!!