I Love Canadian Authors discussion

Goodreads' Authors CDN > About Author Q & A's

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) | 419 comments Mod
I opened all of the Q&A threads indefinitely. So any members who come across a thread or author that interests them can feel free to post a comment or question and the authors can answer. I understand authors get busy, and questions may not be answered immediately, but that is fine. If they don't answer, we'll just talk about them until they do.

Also, any authors in the group who would like their own Q&A threads just let Shannon, Erma, or myself know and we will set you up. I think it's important to spotlight the great talent we have in Canada and any small bit I can do to help that along, I will do it.

So, that's it. Go peruse the threads and find some great authors to check out. I highly recommend many of them. Still reading through the rest, but I'm sure I'd recommend them too.

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (sianin) | 237 comments Mod
Thanks for the reminder Renee. It has been really enjoyable to ask questions of the authors as a reader but also to eavesdrop on author talk between the authors. I have read a number of the ones that have opened themselves up now.

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) | 419 comments Mod
Q&A's or interviews give the reader a 'personal' attachment to the writer because they get to know them as a person, not just the pen behind the story. It's a great marketing tool. I think many authors like to keep to themselves though and interviews are kind of like doing a speech in front of the whole school. Terrifying. I hope more authors will join in and I hope members pop into the existing threads from time to time to see what's up or to let us know what they thought of the books if they've read them.

PS: I was snooping around Scott's website last night, and I can't believe I missed the interactive book sample when I was gathering dirt for his spotlight. You should check it out. It's really cool.