Chicks On Lit discussion

Other Hot Book Discussions > The Twilight Series By Stephanie Myers(sp)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Courtney (jujugirl) | 8 comments This seems to be a very popular series. Is it a teen series or adult? My 14 year old niece is very keen to read it, and DH says it's teen. I was curious about it, and I added it to my list at the library. Can someone fill me in on it. TIA :)

message 2: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 532 comments 14 would be perfect! it is ya.

message 3: by Peanut (new)

Peanut | 149 comments Teen series in my opinion although (just like Harry Potter) I believe many adult women read this series, too. And enjoy it.

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 354 comments I looke at one of these books ages ago at the bookstore and thought is was straight vamp stuff which I'm not huge into. Then I saw a trailer for the movie coming out based on the first book. Looks good....completely Teen movie but potentially enjoyable to those of us young at heart. ;-)
Needless to say I have put it on my to-read list.

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hickman (bkread2) | 233 comments I agree its a lot like the Harry Potter series in that you need to be at least a teen to read, but I work with people with the average age of 35 and everyone is reading it! In the breakroom there are probably 10-15 people reading them every day (well every hour work retail so there are 5 lunch periods) during lunch. When I saw the movie (both times) most are not teens but adults and most if you listen before the movie had read the books. Not a teen with them in sight. Heck my 74 year old father had me take him for his birthday last week to the movie. He read them and loved them!

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 303 comments Julie, it is YA but people of all ages are reading it like Harry Potter. It is about vampires but with more romance & not so much blood & gore. I personally loved the series.

message 7: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments My 13 year old and 18 year old daughters are both readign the series! I think it is perfect for that age!

message 8: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
I loved the whole Twilight series and I'm 41 years old. It is marketed as Young Adult fiction, but I think it can appeal to all ages. All the books are easy reads, and you can get through them quickly, so I would encourage everyone to at least pick the first book up and give it a shot.

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancylynn) | 2 comments I agree with Sheila. I'm 41 and just love this series. I have the women at work reading also. They are an easy read.

message 10: by Just (new)

Just | 3 comments 34 and love them, I would have loved these books when I was a teenager too. Easy reads and very enjoyable.

message 11: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 66 comments I just bought my son's girfriend (26) Twilight for Christmas. I'm hoping she'll like it. She's into mysteries a lot so I thought that this might be something different that she could get into.

message 12: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (travelswithboooks) | 20 comments Love them! I'm rereading the series for the third time. And I got my sister hooked. She's reading BD right now.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 106 comments It is young adult, but all of my adult girlfriends are reading the series. I picked up the first one (at age 30) to see what the fuss was about and LOVED it. I am waiting for the second book to come in from the library. They are horribly addicting.

message 14: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 354 comments A friend just gave me Twilight for my birthday (34th) and I started it yesterday. I'm already on page 111 and am drawn in. And there hasn't been any action yet. Several of my adult friends are in the middle of reading through the series and are really enjoying it.

message 15: by Courtney (last edited Jan 01, 2009 03:52PM) (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) I'm 26 and I LOVE Twilight! I got my 30 year old SIL hooked on it, too. I have only read the first two because I'm being silly and trying to make the series last longer by holding out to read them. :P

message 16: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments The Twilight series is a YA series. I read them to see what the hype is about and enjoyed all but 1 of them. It's the perfect forbidden love story that all girls hope for. The writing is weak in my opinion but her storylines have drawn everyone in.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Twilight just doesn't do it for me. I tried it. Read Twilight. Over written & goes on & on & on for me. One of my bff's - 2 yrs older than I loves all of them. (Roxy, I'll be 34 in May!)

message 18: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 354 comments I'm even further in now, closer to halfway and here is what I am thinking. Its a YA novel, reads like a YA novel nothing wrong with that. i enjoy YA novels from time to time because as an adult I can breeze through them. But this is what I am finding so surprising from the hype....the book is 400+ pages, I'm nearing halfway and someone only just mentioned the local legend about vamps and werewolves (lets face it, we all know this is what T is about, no spoiler there). I thought it would be more action/drama packed by now. But really it just building story for the first half, so far. *shrug* just not what I was expecting.

Jo I'm trying to be ok with "remembering" my age. ;-) Age # never used to bother me because I always felt young. Still do actually but now that the number is getting bigger......

message 19: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 354 comments by the way.....Anyone else reading Twilight now? I'll happily start a thread to chat about the story if anyone else is reading it now.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Roxy, I had a hard time w/33. The number 33 that is! I'm still iffy bout how it sounds - I like 34 better but not so much the getting older part lol!

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 303 comments Roxy, I know a lot of people in this group have already read it or plan on reading it, so a Twilight discussion thread would be a great idea.

message 22: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 354 comments Thanks, Hannah. I wasn't sure if I was too far behind in jumping on the Twilight bandwagon.

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 303 comments Never too late! I still haven't finished the Harry Potter series but that won't stop me. :)